PDA

View Full Version : Locked in my car!!

pA4AWDd
06-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Anyone ever had a problem with there locks not unlocking from the inside? The unlock and lock button does not work and when I pull and the drivers side handle from the inside it will unlock then lock right away. I felt like i was in a cop car because I had to put the window down and open the car from the outside handle while sitting in the drivers seat. Im looking for possible bad fuses. Any suggestions appreciated.TIA

CrtchRktRcr
06-04-2010, 01:48 PM
I think this guy had the same problem...

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2009/04/peter-griffin-locked-inside-car.jpg

Gooner1886
06-04-2010, 02:57 PM
haha!!

hercfe
06-04-2010, 03:06 PM
This is priceless. Sounds like a malfunctioning keyless entry system, or a malfunctioning operator. I would start with the keyless entry system.

pA4AWDd
06-04-2010, 03:17 PM
yea. im peter griffin. Both of my keys are not reprogrammed after swapping out the batteries.Ive been unlocking the car manually.Would that matter ? Is there a specific fuse or part I should be looking for first?

mtroxel
06-04-2010, 04:47 PM
The fact that an electrical part is working too much tells you it's not a fuse. I'd start with the key fob. Is it wet inside? Is there some sort of short in it that sends a signal without you pushing the button? Easy test would be to remove the battery in the key and see if that solves the problem. Make sure your other key isn't around "pushing" it's button.

pA4AWDd
06-04-2010, 05:12 PM
I tested the key already by taking the battery out and found not water inside. I have not reprogrammed the keys yet. The weird part about all this is that ive had alot of weird electrical issues with the car after water came into the foot wells of the car after a heavy rain and i found out that the drain plugs in the battery compartment under the hood that are infront of the firewall were completely clogged with small leaves and blocked the water from draining properly. I recently had a problem with my hazard lights staying on and coming on for no reason but did not blink. I disconnected the battery for a day or so then reconnected it and have not had any problems with the lights since. The lock on the driver side door seems to be resistant to release the lock.

Tifun
06-04-2010, 11:07 PM
I would suggest looking in the trunk(passenger side behind the molded trunk liner) where your central locking pump in located. Something tells me you may have standing water or something related to that. You can also reprogram your keys manually if you have two. Do your windows go up and down with the key help in the lock/unlock position?

pA4AWDd
06-05-2010, 10:53 AM
I will check that now. The keys do not put the windows up or down when I turn them in the lock/unlock position. I can hear the locking mechanisms trying to lock the car while im sitting in the car or standing outside the car with the car off and the keys in my pocket. and as soon as I shut my driver side door the car locks and beeps once.

pA4AWDd
06-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Im being held captive by my car.

Tifun
06-06-2010, 08:12 AM
well, unplug the pump and see if it stops.

pA4AWDd
06-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Tifun, thanks for the help. You were right. There was a bunch of standing water in there.
I disassembled the central locking pump and there arnt any broken pieces but there is alot of rust on the circuit board and other area. I cleaned off as much as I could with electronic cleaner.What now?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37999595@N07/4679075025/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37999595@N07/4679705684/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37999595@N07/4679074913/

pA4AWDd
06-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Any suggestions???

Tifun
06-13-2010, 09:27 PM
your pics are set to private. I simply dried mine out and put it back in. I think I caught mine before it was to late. Most likely you will have to replace it. In order for your keys to work you will need to re-sync them to match it(keyless entry)

MCFLYYY
06-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Not to thread jack, but I had a sort of similar issue today. My girlfriend went to get out of my car today and pulled the handle, but it didn't budge. I thought she was joking/having a blonde moment and it was still locked, but it wasn't. I leaned over and tired to open it but it wouldn't budge for me either. No movement whatsoever, like it was still locked. I had to get out of my car and walk around and it opened just like usual? Related? I have no idea. But was really weird to say the least.

Good luck gettin yours fixed though Mr. Griffin.

Tifun
06-13-2010, 09:50 PM
considering all the rain we just got in our region I would suggest the same thing. Just glance back there and see if you have water.....it will tell the story in about 1 minute.

audicot
06-14-2010, 03:57 AM
I had a similar problem few months ago, doors not opening. Only passangers side and the trunk with the key.I took a look on the pump it was drenched in water. Had to replace it.
Now the locks are working fine again.

pA4AWDd
06-14-2010, 08:28 AM
Ok well I changed the private setting on pictures so the links should work now, and im going to replace the pump because theres no hope for it.

Jared7744
06-14-2010, 08:35 AM
ive had this problem. For me it ended up being the key FOB. Go to Auto Zone, they can check if your fob works or not. If it does work my suggestion would be to re program it, you can probally find instructions by googling it.

B5A4Kevin
06-15-2010, 05:10 PM
replace the central locking vacuum pump. /thread.