PDA

View Full Version : What to do in my situation

stormscr3
06-02-2010, 01:56 PM
I was happy with my set of 18inch Justice Fliks. Then one broke after sliding into a curb.
Bought a set of 18inch ST100 BBS Reps from SonicTuning and on the way home from Mass. hit a pothole and bent two of them. I am currently driving on them but obviously want to solve this problem. They are 3 months old with Nittos and I feel like i'm just throwing money out the window. Now I have to either get a whole other set of rims, repair these ones, or find two rims. I checked with Supersonic and they only have the gray and matte black finish while i have hypersilver. What would you do in my situation?

The 4 Justice Rims are in my garage.
The 4 BBS Motorsport reps are on my audi.

hercfe
06-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Repairing will be as expensive as replacing. I'd check with the DMV/DOT of the state you were in when you hit the potnoles. If you're willing to drive back to the spot and take pictures, then submit the paperwork, the state usually pays for damage like this. I know NY and PA do at least. Otherwise, try ebay for replacements. Fliks will be hard to find because they went under after edgeracing.com was stealing from everybody. The BBS may be easier to locate on the auction sites. Other option would be to buy from a reputable wheel dealer like tirerack where you can get free replacement guarantees. Lastly, you could buy 2 from sonictuning, and have them painted/powdercoated to match. But again, that will be pricey.