PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problem (load reduction relay)

Jc61990
06-01-2010, 01:01 PM
okay so just now on my trip home, my load reduction relay blew. last time it blew was in the winter, this is my 3rd relay, and i think i found reason it blows but not the cause..

so it looks like it the relay will blow out when i have the A/C running, the wipers, and the blinker going at the same time. i just found this out now, cause it just started to rain pretty hard, rolled up the windows, and threw on the ac, driving around fine, a/c working and wipers working. pulled up to the redlight before the turn for my street, put on my blinker, the wipers stopped for like 2 sec and then went down. and the A/C stopped blowing. also my blinker stopped blinking, so my only guess was the relay had just blown by me turning on the blinker, everything else seems fine when only 2 are in use, obviously not right now since nothing at all works, but before it blew, if it was a combo of just 2 of the 3 it would be fine..

i have 3 gauges, and a turbo timer on the 75x post, and the 12v switched power is coming from a wire on my OBD2 port. could any of those be the problem? thats all i have hooked up to that.

good thing that when it blew in the winter i bought 2 relays, just incase it happened again. but this is really annoying now. im about to rip my tt and gauges out if thats the cause.