PDA

View Full Version : A4 B5Turbo need you advice on lowering

kaixryan
06-01-2010, 08:01 AM
hi bro, thanks for viewing my post. I had bought a audi A4 B5turbo recently, i would like to low down my ride and i need for your kindness advice what should i do. Firstly i thought to make the only change with the Eibach Lowered Spring and use the original shocks absorber but i worry the car is bounce while driving fast, did any bros here try before? or should i change the set of shocks absorber and lowered spring to Eibach. i drive my car daily so i really need a comfortable and good handling as well. thanks a lot for your reply [:)]

EuRo_KiD
06-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Get coilovers and be done with it. That way you can adjust them to your liking :) H&R, Stasis, K-sport (which i have and love), Tein, and koni are some examples of coilovers. Now if you want to go with just a spring/shock combo, a lot of people do H&R race springs with bilstein (i might have mispelled this lol) shocks. The H&R sport springs won't really make you low at all so skip those and go with the race versions.

Cronogr
06-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Get coilovers and be done with it. That way you can adjust them to your liking :) H&R, Stasis, K-sport (which i have and love), Tein, and koni are some examples of coilovers. Now if you want to go with just a spring/shock combo, a lot of people do H&R race springs with bilstein (i might have mispelled this lol) shocks. The H&R sport springs won't really make you low at all so skip those and go with the race versions.

coilovers are not the solution for someone who tries just to lower the car... imo. Koni yellow or bilstein with eibach or h&r (u can't put race springs on koni) is one cheap solution that many have on this forum take notice that h&r springs stand lower than eibach but u need to see it in person

kampfer
06-01-2010, 09:30 AM
BASIC: setup to lower your car that seems to be the most friendly is the H&R Race springs and Bilstein shocks
H&R Race Springs (http://hrsprings.com/scripts/appguide.php?Mode=Make+Guide&SubMode=Find3&MakeID=3)
http://www.bilsteinus.com/index.php

EuRo_KiD
06-01-2010, 01:37 PM
coilovers are not the solution for someone who tries just to lower the car... imo. Koni yellow or bilstein with eibach or h&r (u can't put race springs on koni) is one cheap solution that many have on this forum take notice that h&r springs stand lower than eibach but u need to see it in person

That is why I also stated the spring/shock combo. A little bit more reading won't do you any harm lol

ECS Tuning-Audi
06-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Bilstein's and H&R Lowering springs Kitted together to save some dough but still get you some low. Sorry, I had to make the Rhyme! In all seriousness, for a daily driving application this is a dynamic combination. Many people that run this setup give it high praises in both handling performance as well as ride comfort.

Click here for Bilstein Shocks and H&R Springs (http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B5_A4-Quattro-1.8T/Suspension/Suspension_Kits/ES659/?salesrep=CArmbruster&utm_source=audizine&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=CArmbruster&utm_campaign=postreply) - a good value and a great ride.

onemoremile
06-01-2010, 03:11 PM
That is a good combo and has been run by countless people here. I favor the Konis for their more supple ride but have Bilsteins in my car.

stack
06-01-2010, 03:21 PM
i just finished the h&r race springs with sport BILS.
omg. i took a street corner without breaking.
holy moly the difference.
deff recom, it
and its a 2" drop

kaixryan
06-01-2010, 03:52 PM
really thanks for all bro's replied on my post, how much is the bilstein shock with the H&R spring cost ?

nic2000quattro
06-01-2010, 04:23 PM
check the link ecs posted

stack
06-01-2010, 09:01 PM
790.00 the most

ECS Tuning-Audi
06-02-2010, 09:07 AM
really thanks for all bro's replied on my post, how much is the bilstein shock with the H&R spring cost ?

793.38 - You can order from my link or PM me if you have further questions.

onemoremile
06-02-2010, 01:19 PM

Which K-Sport do you have?