PDA

View Full Version : quick question on H&R race springs. doing them currently help

stack
05-30-2010, 11:16 AM
in the front h n r race springs.
the side with more springs closer together goes where.
like the spring gap...is more closer together on one side than the other...which goes where????

wildbill
05-30-2010, 12:43 PM
normally if you have to ask you should probably pay someone to do it, but the short gap coils go on top, also known as dead springs. and be sure to change youre strut mounts and use compatible shocks/struts

stack
05-30-2010, 01:11 PM
yea thx
i got bilstein sports/
i only did the rear 2 and 1 front one.
how in the freakin world am i suppose to tighten the bolt on top...with out the telescope moving....(beside an airpowered tool)

danphines
05-30-2010, 03:34 PM
i used a socket on the bolt, suck and allen wrench through it to the bolt, then turned the socket by attaching a pair of vice grips to it so i could grip it from the outside and still stick the allen through the hole in the socket. it worked.

biketsai
05-30-2010, 03:40 PM
The part with "more spring" goes on the bottom. Make sure you line the spring up correctly with the rubber piece on the bottom of the shock. As for tightening the bolt, I get a towel and some vicegrips and I clamp down the very top (you dont want to get any part that will go into the shock) of the strut, and then tighten.

stack
05-30-2010, 04:43 PM
man, i am vexed.
how can vice grips fit threw the springs.?
i left it not tight .
so i got the rear done and just the front left. the front left nut is loose. so whenever i go threw a bump....clunk
i was thinking ...removing the front and just take the shock with housing to a shop.... have them air rachet it.... would that work?