PDA

View Full Version : ABS and brake light

BlkMaGiC 3526
05-28-2010, 08:05 PM
My ABS and brake light have been coming on in the past couple of days. They both will come on momentarily along w/ a couple of beeps and then disappear. I did a search and I guess the ABS module is the usual cause. I'm new to Audi and have had my B5 for maybe 4 months now. I don't have a VAG but I will get scanned as soon as I get a chance.

Is it dangerous to drive w/ the ABS and brake light coming on? When the ABS completely goes, will I still be able to drive the car and still be safe? Does the ABS module need to be replaced immediately or am I okay for now? Also, will this affect my ability to brake? Keep in mind this is my daily and I plan to do a road trip in the next couple of months? TIA

Gaberossi
05-28-2010, 08:24 PM
My ABS module has been broken for 3 years now i drive without it everyday, but if you don't know how to drive your car without abs then don't do it u will prob get ur self in some trouble at some point...but to answer ur question, yes you can drive without abs ur just going to have the blinking lights unless u cover the light or remove it

Gaberossi
05-28-2010, 08:25 PM
ur brakes will lock up completely without abs if you slam on them

BASARAB
05-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Check with vag-com. On my b6 I had the same problem and it was driving me crazy. It ended up being a loose pressure sensor wire, which is the part of the pump. Disconnect,clean,re-connect and viola! no codes. Also common problem is brake switch $3 from dealer and 5 min to replace

CrtchRktRcr
05-29-2010, 12:09 AM
pm k0mpresd he can fix it for you for cheap

yasky777
06-01-2010, 07:16 AM
I had the same problem, the Module can only come from dealer shipped and installed for 650$ OR!!!! You can go to the website below and have yours rebuilt for $175+ shipping. I had mine repaired by them and it works perfectly now. I realized with out my ABS sensor I went through pads and rotors in twice the time.

http://www.modulemaster.com/en/index.php

I didnt remove my module I had a shop do it since they were already replacing my clutch, they gave it to me, I shipped it to Utah, they repaired it in 2 days shipped it back and I had my shop reinstall.

Gaberossi
06-01-2010, 10:33 PM
kompressed is MIA so just take it out ur self open it and look for the bad solder joint then ur good to go(if it is ur module)

quattro1432
06-01-2010, 11:24 PM
I had the same problem, the Module can only come from dealer shipped and installed for 650$ OR!!!! You can go to the website below and have yours rebuilt for $175+ shipping. I had mine repaired by them and it works perfectly now. I realized with out my ABS sensor I went through pads and rotors in twice the time.

http://www.modulemaster.com/en/index.php

I didnt remove my module I had a shop do it since they were already replacing my clutch, they gave it to me, I shipped it to Utah, they repaired it in 2 days shipped it back and I had my shop reinstall.

+1 for module master... got quoted ~$900 for replace and install by the dealer and got this one for around ~180 and did it all myself, it was a fun project. (Not sarcastic... it really was fun lol)
Saved me hundreds of dollars so thats awesome

BlkMaGiC 3526
06-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Thanks for everyone's input. I came across module master numerous times in my search so I will most likely go to them if it is my module ...