PDA

View Full Version : SouthBend Flywheel not compatible w/ Sachs Pressure plate and clutch

m617pt4
05-26-2010, 04:29 AM
I just installed a new SouthBend Flywheel and Sachs clutch and pressure plate. However the clutch wont disengage fully. Ive bled the entire clutch system properly but it has not changed anything. Is anyone familiar w/ SouthBend flywheels not being compatible with Sachs clutch kits?

kevcpA4
05-26-2010, 05:41 AM
Is the disk in backwards? Having the disk in backwards may produce results like you are experiencing.

m617pt4
05-26-2010, 08:22 AM
No, i followed the service manual which say the german text needs to be facing outwards towards the trans. Both my slave and master are new except for the hardline which i got from a donor car, but no visible leaks. Btw, the car is a auto-manual swap. The tranny is a '97 2.8 qauttro part # DJP14037. I tested the pressure plate on a press and it releases. I did a mock test with both the Southbend FW and a used stock FW i have laying around and got the same result. The clutch not fully disengaging when the front axles are locked and turning the rear part that goes to the final drive. I can hear the clutch disk dragging though. The only suspect i think of is the TO bearing release arm needs to be changed.

Poopie
05-26-2010, 02:54 PM
You might have to extend the slave cylinder piston rod.