PDA

View Full Version : Sunroofs or Not

Greyhound Guy
02-06-2005, 06:46 PM
I like the black roof and open air but I wonder how heavy and less rigid that sunroof system on the sportback is.

foofighter
02-08-2005, 11:57 PM
well is the weight thing that important to you? if you're going to be autox or something like that i can see but who cares that panorama roof is great!!! [:D]

EVIL-AUDI
02-09-2005, 09:28 AM
I gotta have that hole cut in the roof.

Anthony
02-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Yup, and two is even better than one!

I'm sure Audi adressed the structural integrity of the roof with this system. Must still be stiffer than t-tops or a full convertable.

So, GG, you thinking of picking up an A3 soon too? [:)]

GaryJ
02-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Greyhound Guy
I like the black roof and open air but I wonder how heavy and less rigid that sunroof system on the sportback is.

Same thoughts here, although mine are less urgent. Here in Seattle I gotta have the quattro so my sportback dreams are on hold for a bit. Love the car, though and will have one. It's the first car since the A4 came out in 1996 that's made me say "that's my next car".

Gary

Greyhound Guy
02-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Definitely. Ideally I would like an S3/RS3 sportback in 3 years. I would probably lease it and keep the avant. The avant is paid off now so I will have time to save up. The avant will satisfy my mod bug. I am working with a teachers salary now. Course this all depends on what Audi will make and import.

Originally posted by Anthony
Yup, and two is even better than one!

I'm sure Audi adressed the structural integrity of the roof with this system. Must still be stiffer than t-tops or a full convertable.

So, GG, you thinking of picking up an A3 soon too? [:)]

Anthony
02-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Same here, going to do a short lease on the A3 in the event that something faster will be out in the next few years.

You going to go with a FWD or wait on quattro?

Greyhound Guy
02-11-2005, 07:37 PM
Well I can wait 3-4 years so hopefully a quattro S3 will be available.

Originally posted by Anthony
Same here, going to do a short lease on the A3 in the event that something faster will be out in the next few years.

You going to go with a FWD or wait on quattro?