PDA

View Full Version : Consider a 2007 S6 V10

NJ_A4_Lion
05-01-2010, 02:57 PM
What do you guys think? Is it worth it or would a 2010 A6 3.0T be a better choice? the S6 is fully loaded with miles under 30k

ADynamics
05-01-2010, 03:06 PM
The 2010 rear light design is very nice however the V10 would be a delight. Wait a year and get best of both worlds used

doobiesdaddy
05-01-2010, 04:20 PM
I've heard the V10 is slow.
I would go with the A6 if it was me.
Also, the 3.0t has more modding potentials.

audia4austin
05-01-2010, 04:45 PM
A slow German V10.... Compared to what? Because im pretty sure that the V10 will kick the shit out of a 3.0t and yes the 3.0t has more room to improve but that not with keeping the warrenty. Buy the S6 if your looking for a fast 4 door but the 3.0t if your looking for a pretty and some what quick 4 door....

I've heard the V10 is slow.
I would go with the A6 if it was me.
Also, the 3.0t has more modding potentials.

JerryS4
05-01-2010, 06:08 PM
I am looking at the same choice next year. I think the CPO S6 will cost less, have the Lambo engine and the nicer interior - seats, inlays, "S6" badges, etc. But it is heavy yet fast (5.6 sec)
The new 3.0T will have newer toys like lane assist, latest nav, lighter handling but still quick (5.8 sec) Mods will make it quicker than S6 and look great too. I am looking at StasisEngineering.com. Check out the possibilites for that motor.

New tail and front fascia was changed in 2009 and I do also like the turn signals now in the mirrors. Tough choice.
If you like the power, status and do not care about the 16 MPG, go with the S6.
If you like the new look, better handling and mod possibilities with better mileage, go with the 3.0T.
Drive them both back to back then decide!

G Men 08
05-01-2010, 09:18 PM
A slow German V10.... Compared to what? Because im pretty sure that the V10 will kick the shit out of a 3.0t and yes the 3.0t has more room to improve but that not with keeping the warrenty. Buy the S6 if your looking for a fast 4 door but the 3.0t if your looking for a pretty and some what quick 4 door....

lol funnyyyyy The v10 only does a 1/4 mile in 14 seconds. 3.0t 14.2-14.5

G Men 08
05-01-2010, 09:21 PM
1/4 mile times

s6 v10 (http://www.insideline.com/audi/s6/2007/follow-up-test-2007-audi-s6.html)

a6 3.0t
(http://www.insideline.com/audi/a6/2009/2009-audi-a6-30t-quattro-follow-up-test-and-video.html)

doobiesdaddy
05-01-2010, 10:45 PM
A slow German V10.... Compared to what?

modded 2.7t or modded 3.0t

CALL AAA
05-02-2010, 12:05 AM
I drove an S6 when they first came out, and I was actually kind of disappointed with the acceleration. It looks awesome, it sounds awesome and you don't see a whole lot of them, but it just wasn't what I expected from a V-10. I could deal with the mileage, but that's because it's only 1.5 mpg worse than my wagon.
I absolutely love the looks of the new A6s. If I had to make that same decision, I would go for the A6.

Bashar Khalifeh
05-02-2010, 12:27 AM
+ on the V10 being "slow" in the S6...in the S8 it's a different story however

Ill never look at an S6. I'd say take a closer look at the new 3.0T or S8 V10

skiroad'r
05-02-2010, 06:24 AM
just keep in mind. that is basically a lambo engine ** I don't think parts are readily stocked, so when/if something goes, you're waiting a week for it to come form Germany. Maybe it's improved since there are more on theorad now, but something to investigate

NJ_A4_Lion
05-02-2010, 12:49 PM
OK, well I am comparing the S6 V10 to my A6 3.2 (no comparison) and my Modded B6 Stage II+. While the A4 seems quick the S6 is just faster at least it's the fastest car I have driven... Not only that but for me it's a blend of comfort (4 doors) and speed (v10). I am also getting it at a great price...

I understand the 3.0T may be more mod friendly but after getting out of a highly modded a4, it's just one big head ache, once the car is out of warranty... I call my a4 a ticking time bomb. Every time i drive it and a CEL comes on I feel like I am rolling dice...

Bashar Khalifeh
05-02-2010, 12:57 PM
^ If you look at it this way, now the S6 makes sense...you pay a good amount of money, to have good power, awesome sound, and "peace of mind"

and I know exactly what you mean, every time I drive my boosted cars, I'm always a little worried about things like over heating CEL, blah blah...

Good luck with whatever choice you go with, I just think the S6 is underpowered (the V10 is at lest) for such a big & heavy car. Other than that, nice car all around couple that with a nice exhaust and s set of rims and it'll turn some heads [drive]

G Men 08
05-02-2010, 04:13 PM
I would take the s6, you bet your ass.. I was just tryin to point out that it wont " kick the 3.0t a6 ass" shit high 13's and low 14's are about standard in a v6 hyundai

audia4austin
05-03-2010, 07:12 AM
Like I stated... This car is faster than both of those cars (stock) and it stays under warranty... I can make a civic run the 1/4 mile in 12 seconds too but its not stock.

modded 2.7t or modded 3.0t

audia4austin
05-03-2010, 07:13 AM
+1 Thank you for making my point more clear for people that cant seem to understand. Yes a they "CAN" be faster but they arent when you buy them new.

OK, well I am comparing the S6 V10 to my A6 3.2 (no comparison) and my Modded B6 Stage II+. While the A4 seems quick the S6 is just faster at least it's the fastest car I have driven... Not only that but for me it's a blend of comfort (4 doors) and speed (v10). I am also getting it at a great price...

I understand the 3.0T may be more mod friendly but after getting out of a highly modded a4, it's just one big head ache, once the car is out of warranty... I call my a4 a ticking time bomb. Every time i drive it and a CEL comes on I feel like I am rolling dice...

G Men 08
05-03-2010, 07:17 AM
maybe you didn't understand the posts.. you said the s6 v10 will crush the stock 3.0t.. when actually it would barely beat it speed wise. So in reality that 400 something horsepower v10 is slow compared to engines with 4 less cylinders

audia4austin
05-03-2010, 07:32 AM
I did. I also never said only in 1/4 miles times. This is still an S vs a stock A6. A day at the track and this S would come out of top. Time after time. It really doesnt matter. The S6 is faster in every way even if it is by a tenth of a second. And its still going to be more fun to drive/own.

maybe you didn't understand the posts.. you said the s6 v10 will crush the stock 3.0t.. when actually it would barely beat it speed wise. So in reality that 400 something horsepower v10 is slow compared to engines with 4 less cylinders

G Men 08
05-03-2010, 07:42 AM
look, im not tryin to get into a pissing contest here but I was simply correcting your statement that the v10 would kick the shit out of the 3.0t. My main argument comes from my frustration of a German v10 "performing" the way it does, considering all the money spent on the purchase of the vehicle and all the technology that goes into the building of the machine. It is an amazing car, but if i am going to spend that kind of doe then I want a bit more out of a v10. I would actually like to see the track race between the two cars. I'm not going to take the extra time to look every test up individually to make the comparison, but in the back of my head I am guessing it would be pretty even. Albeit the extra weight (i am assuming) of the s6, and the boost of the supercharger helping the a6 power through the turns. Would be pretty nice to watch! I could be wrong, just stating my opinion [>_<] Carry on!

audia4austin
05-03-2010, 07:47 AM
I agree with everything you just stated. And I feel the same way about my C5 4.2L that wont out perform its own C5 2.7 stock vs. stock. Leave it to Audi.

look, im not tryin to get into a pissing contest here but I was simply correcting your statement that the v10 would kick the shit out of the 3.0t. My main argument comes from my frustration of a German v10 "performing" the way it does, considering all the money spent on the purchase of the vehicle and all the technology that goes into the building of the machine. It is an amazing car, but if i am going to spend that kind of doe then I want a bit more out of a v10. I would actually like to see the track race between the two cars. I'm not going to take the extra time to look every test up individually to make the comparison, but in the back of my head I am guessing it would be pretty even. Albeit the extra weight (i am assuming) of the s6, and the boost of the supercharger helping the a6 power through the turns. Would be pretty nice to watch! I could be wrong, just stating my opinion [>_<] Carry on!

NJ_A4_Lion
05-04-2010, 06:37 PM
So I am scheduled to pick up the car this week. We will see what the car can do stock. There are a couple of folks that I would like to pounce on this weekend...

autophiles
05-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Oooohhhh.. post pics when you get it!!

G Men 08
05-04-2010, 09:40 PM
woah.. which did you decide?!!!!!

NJ_A4_Lion
05-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Fellas I picked up the S6 on Thursday... The car is awesome... The ride is still smooth but you can definitely tell it's a sports suspension. I realized on Sunday that you have to pay close attention when driving this car. The car responds very quickly, 80mph - 120mph comes on very quickly... Actually the car really does come alive after 100 MPH... I will keep you all posted as I break it in... I have not had much time to enjoy it...

Looks like I made the right choice

http://www.autospies.com/news/Motor-Trend-Audi-S6-BMW-M5-Mercedes-Benz-E63-AMG-The-Surprising-Winner-Is-12123/

JPJ2007
05-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Many Pictures! I love my C6 A6 3.2, Only thing I hate is the 3.2 :lol:

colt45
05-12-2010, 10:33 AM
congrats on your new S6.

dannyn424
05-12-2010, 01:12 PM
the 3.0 supercharged would be my pick by a longshot... wait till the upgraded pulleys come out...... its gonna eat the s6's lunch lol................

but having said that you got a very nice car.......

DC25S4
05-12-2010, 05:34 PM
S6 hands down...I was in the same market a year ago and drove the 3.0T and drove the S6...3.0T felt sluggish and coming from an B7 S4 really slow. The S6 still doesn't feel as fast as my S4 did but it has grown on me...Here in DC there are A6 3.0T's showing up on every street corner and very few S6's and the interior and exterior upgrades are hands down worth it. Yes LED tailights are nice but would you trade the seats and the lower LEDs for the tailights? It was a no brainer for me.

As for the which is easier to mod/faster conversation, most people won't do either as the warranty is fickle if you touch anything on the C6 platform. Chip it, lose your warranty, etc. I would recommend getting the CPO S6 and enjoy your ride...a C6 class ride isn't for the track but having the lambo engine is a nice bar conversation when someone asks...

When you get the S6, PM me and I will walk you through turning the LEDs on all the time through VAG-COM...

NJ_A4_Lion
05-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Thanks DC25S4, I am still getting use to the power and torque of this thing man :)... I know everyone keeps saying it's not fast, whatever man... The car looks beautiful, sounds awesome (with or without the exhaust) and still stops everyone in their tracks when you pull up to a stop light and they see the v10 badge lol... I will send you a PM on turning off the leds, I don't want every ricer knowing when I am arriving lol...

NJ_A4_Lion
05-13-2010, 10:44 AM
congrats on your new S6.
Thanks man still getting used to this beast... This is my 4th audi and the first time I have ever had to say this (getting use to a car) lol...

thenicholsterr
05-16-2010, 12:43 PM
PICS!!!

LucFuture
05-16-2010, 06:32 PM
PICS!!!

+1

NJ_A4_Lion
05-18-2010, 09:19 PM
I am not the pic type but I will snap a couple for you guys...

+1

NJ_A4_Lion
07-29-2010, 04:11 PM
So I figured I would give the 2 month update on the S6.

The car is a pleasure to drive. It really never gets boring. Thinking of the exhaust but just don't know yet. The car gets enough attention in stock form so I don't know if I want to spoil things. For example, I went to the Chillis parking lot (North Brunswick, NJ) the Friday night before Waterfest. I was there no more than 5 mintues and the cameras start flashing. Guys asking me all about the ride lol...

The only draw back so far is that it is not as nimble as the A4 was... You can really feel the weight during high speed turns... Aside from that the car gets you all types of women (all types). Believe me I can get women on my own without a problem but this thing is a woman magnet...

For those of you who think it's a slow car, you can pull up beside me at a stop light and try your luck lol...

I am not the pic type but I will snap a couple for you guys...

jibberjive
09-27-2010, 06:26 PM
For those of you who think it's a slow car, you can pull up beside me at a stop light and try your luck lol...

LOL, awesome cars, but not super fast.

ROUGHEDGES
09-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Well heres my say even though the car was purchased. Congrats. I had a 350whp 2800lb evo before my S6. Of course the evo was stupid fast. It was loud and just felt like a raw machine. Now getting in the s6 is a different story. Does it FEEL slow? Yes it does. Is it slow. NO. I would say quick. I will tell you why it feels slow. Its huge and with how smooth the powerband is, it feels different. I would say like sitting on a big couch thats gaining inertia. The problem with the stock car is the intakes. I replaced them with a 150 dollar inbox cone intake kit. It really opened the car up over 4k. As in a pretty big difference for intakes. Now put into the mix the apr/unitronic chip for 700 will gain 60lbs tq low in the range with a peak power increase of 22.

So now would you want a s6. A pretty rare car also. That a decent amount of power can be had with a chip and intakes.

I am not chipped yet but with the intakes ran a e46 comp. package m3 from 60 to about 125 and we were even I might have pulled slightly.

NJ_A4_Lion
10-01-2010, 05:13 PM
So are you saying if I drop in a couple of air filters I will notice a difference? I am really reluctant to alter the car just based on my past experience with one of my A4's...

Well heres my say even though the car was purchased. Congrats. I had a 350whp 2800lb evo before my S6. Of course the evo was stupid fast. It was loud and just felt like a raw machine. Now getting in the s6 is a different story. Does it FEEL slow? Yes it does. Is it slow. NO. I would say quick. I will tell you why it feels slow. Its huge and with how smooth the powerband is, it feels different. I would say like sitting on a big couch thats gaining inertia. The problem with the stock car is the intakes. I replaced them with a 150 dollar inbox cone intake kit. It really opened the car up over 4k. As in a pretty big difference for intakes. Now put into the mix the apr/unitronic chip for 700 will gain 60lbs tq low in the range with a peak power increase of 22.

So now would you want a s6. A pretty rare car also. That a decent amount of power can be had with a chip and intakes.

I am not chipped yet but with the intakes ran a e46 comp. package m3 from 60 to about 125 and we were even I might have pulled slightly.

ROUGHEDGES
10-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Yes the filters make a difference. I removed the airbox flap(2 screws) and did the filters. The biggest difference you feel is after 4k. It doesnt feel choked anymore.