PDA

View Full Version : gt3071 eliminator turbo from atp, Anybody?

aaronamerica
04-29-2010, 07:32 PM
i just found out that atp just came out wth a new gt3071 eliminator turbo for our cars, has anyone looked into this, I currently have the gt2871 eliminator setup and was wanting a lil more power, would this be a good upgrade to look into?

97-04 Audi/Passat 1.8T GT3071R-WG Eliminator Hardware Kit : atpturbo.com (http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=tp&Product_Code=ATP-VVW-236&Category_Code=NEW)

protocol_droid
04-29-2010, 10:25 PM
nice, that's interesting.

LEGO
04-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Not really. The gt28r housing is already a restriction for the gt2871r elim since they stuck a large compressor wheel in there. Now they put an even larger compressor wheel in the same housing. I think it's stupid. I don't expect anyone to be able to make any more power out of it than the gt2871r simply because the gt28r housing is way too much of a restriction, especially since the same exhaust housing is used with a tiny turbine wheel. Gt2871r elim is still a better buy or just go full frame.

biketsai
04-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Aaron!!! Is your car fixed yet? Man I havent talked to yall in a while. If you pick this turbo up, I will buy yours!

Seerlah
04-30-2010, 02:39 AM
I talked to my tuner before, and he has a tendancy to sway me from getting an eliminator kit (good man[cool]). He would tell me that the eliminators don't drive the same as how a full frame turbo would. And suggests going tthe full frame route, over an eliminator kit. That eliminator sure looks nice, but as mentioned above would still be restriciting.

aaronamerica
04-30-2010, 04:07 AM
Aaron!!! Is your car fixed yet? Man I havent talked to yall in a while. If you pick this turbo up, I will buy yours!

no the car is almost done, and yes i will sale my turbo

aaronamerica
04-30-2010, 04:27 AM
Not really. The gt28r housing is already a restriction for the gt2871r elim since they stuck a large compressor wheel in there. Now they put an even larger compressor wheel in the same housing. I think it's stupid. I don't expect anyone to be able to make any more power out of it than the gt2871r simply because the gt28r housing is way too much of a restriction, especially since the same exhaust housing is used with a tiny turbine wheel. Gt2871r elim is still a better buy or just go full frame.

i was thinking the samething but i talked to atp yesterday they told me its the gt30 housing and you have to make your own inlet pipe due to the 3" housing it has, the pic they show in that link is the old gt2871 kit just show an idea of how the kit will be....i may try this because i want have to change anything in my engine bay like my downpipe or manifold just bolt up and go

protocol_droid
04-30-2010, 08:04 AM
I talked to my tuner before, and he has a tendancy to sway me from getting an eliminator kit (good man[cool]). He would tell me that the eliminators don't drive the same as how a full frame turbo would. And suggests going tthe full frame route, over an eliminator kit. That eliminator sure looks nice, but as mentioned above would still be restriciting.

I hear ya, but getting pulled over and also passing visual inspections in cali...an eliminator is a must for me. I'd like to see whp #'s compared to the 2871 to figure this one out.

bob12312357
04-30-2010, 01:55 PM
YOu do have a builtmotor right?

protocol_droid
04-30-2010, 02:29 PM
^^of course only if it's built. Running that thing on the stockers would be asking for a whoopin

aaronamerica
04-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Yes motor is being put back togethor now with scat rods and etc, I was just thinking now would be a good time for me to upgrade the turbo

Seerlah
04-30-2010, 03:14 PM
i was thinking the samething but i talked to atp yesterday they told me its the gt30 housing and you have to make your own inlet pipe due to the 3" housing it has, the pic they show in that link is the old gt2871 kit just show an idea of how the kit will be....i may try this because i want have to change anything in my engine bay like my downpipe or manifold just bolt up and go

The link says that it uses an official "compressor" housing. But the question is, does it use a GT28 "exhaust" housing that is on the rest of the eliminator turbos? For people who live in Cali, this is def a good thing. But if others whom can pass emissions while running a full frame, I woudl suggest that. It would cost some more money with a little more fabrication work, but is ultimately a better route if you want to actually try and get the most out of the turbo.

CrtchRktRcr
04-30-2010, 03:21 PM
any reviews on other turbo's by them? This pricetag looks pretty.,

Seerlah
04-30-2010, 03:59 PM
ATP makes the eliminator turbo (Garrett makes the turbo, ATP made the exhaust housing to match our flange). Other companies that sell them, get them from ATP.

CrtchRktRcr
04-30-2010, 05:30 PM
sounds like a good deal.