PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about these EBay Xenon projector headlights.

A1 A2 German
04-14-2010, 02:14 AM
As stated,

And they do not have highs included, so as well...can I just get the Xenon bulbs as seen in the 2nd link or something like it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120554978088&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-Xenon-D2C-D2R-D2S-8000K-Bulbs-Acura-RL-04-05-06-07_W0QQitemZ360250696304QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_ Car_Truck_Parts_AccessoriesQQfitsZMake%3AAudi%7CMo del%3AA4?hash=item53e09d6270

somebody5788
04-14-2010, 02:32 AM
1. Depo headlight is good

2. 300 is too much you can get the headlights for 200 w/o HID

3. Get HID's from www.ddmtuning.com I'd go slim ballast 55w and I think the depo uses H7 bulbs like oem headlights.

4. I wouldn't go HID in the high beam just get a regular halogen bulb.

A1 A2 German
04-14-2010, 02:50 AM
Thanx, but no go on Audi's....?

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=192

I've been looking at Depo threads, but can't find a good link for companys.

Rickz96
04-14-2010, 04:11 AM
He's saying go with the halogen depos then get this (http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=101&parent=85) kit for the "conversion" to HID.

revolution337
04-14-2010, 07:06 AM
As stated,

And they do not have highs included, so as well...can I just get the Xenon bulbs as seen in the 2nd link or something like it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120554978088&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

those are good quality, i have those same ones, and i have had them over a year with no problems. they are good quality HIDS, and they are preinstalled, all you have to do is mount the ballasts. no need for HIDs for high beam. they said it doesnt come with bulbs for the high beam, but when i got mine, there were regular halogens installed as the high beams. if you really wanted to, you could buy the DDM setup, but you can't just buy the bulbs. you needs ballasts. hope this helps.

Castor Troy
04-14-2010, 08:58 AM
1. Depo headlight is good

2. 300 is too much you can get the headlights for 200 w/o HID

3. Get HID's from www.ddmtuning.com I'd go slim ballast 55w and I think the depo uses H7 bulbs like oem headlights.

4. I wouldn't go HID in the high beam just get a regular halogen bulb.

for some people, paying the extra $40 to get headlights that already have the HID conversion done is worth it

jturnbull
04-14-2010, 09:35 AM
I would get the HIDs from DDM as well. H7 is the bulb type you need. The thing with going ddm for the bulbs is if they go or they have an issue ddm will replace it. You don't get that same service from ebay.

revolution337
04-14-2010, 11:16 AM
You don't get that same service from ebay.
thats not entirely true, it all depends on the seller, which is this case, is a very reliable one

jturnbull
04-14-2010, 11:31 AM
thats not entirely true, it all depends on the seller, which is this case, is a very reliable one

Ok I'm not sure how this is the same service as DDM. Yes it looks good and yes it looks quality stuff. But it doesn't say anything about a lifetime warrantee like ddm is all I'm saying. Obviously on the housing you don't need it but for the hids I would want piece of mind behind them.

All Sales are Final, no Return nor Refund unless it's we who made a mistake on sending you the wrong item.

somebody5788
04-14-2010, 12:08 PM
The ones you chose are Depo headlights so the headlight itself is quality. But you cannot compare to ddmtuning.com hid quality, price, and customer service. Also the headlights in question probably don't have slim ballasts. There is hardly anywhere on this car to mount ballasts and if you get slim ones on some headlights you can mount them internal. Not sure on these though. Also I would seriously stay away from 8k. I have 8k 55w in my fog lights and they are just way way way too blue. Go 6k 55w slim ballast and you will be very happy.

allessence
04-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Not that it really matters:) But I agree with only low beam. HID bulbs when turned on and off quickly like with high beams shortens the life of the bulb dramatically. Soot actually builds up on the interior of the bulb and the light output goes down pretty quick.

Thus the reason for automatic adjustable headlights use one bulb and it stays on the whole time, there by increasing it's life span.

A1 A2 German
04-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Lol, I shot myself in the foot this round and failed you guys in my asking....that second link reguarding the, HID Xenon D2C D2R D2S 8000K high beams, was just for reference to: Simply to fit in any bulb into the highs to take up the space.

I know nothing, really nothing (other then the 6K,7K,8K apperance the bulbs make) reguarding HID, Xenon, Haolgen, Ballests, nothing....to make a long story short I live in the 3rd largest city in the country....I could read a book at night on the street...the illumnation of this vs that I don't know and unlike a small city, some place that has a forest, hills, turns, mountains, bushes, lol, you know..mother nature(only read about it) I don't know if I need to get some crazy illumantion (or really put it to use).

What do I want? I want to get rid of my semi-rice projectors and get some ...quailty? looking headlights....you know, nicely built looking,"Hey those are good quality looking lights.".

For illumantion, I guess it would be nice to have what what I see on some of these clean semi-built BMWs, Lexuses, that are driving around and I don't know how to explain the light. In other words, when you see that kinda lighting coming your way..your expecting to see a luxery car pull up. Their light is different....

So is that more or less Xenon?

So DDM only carries a conversion kit, I don't know if I wan't to start to do all that with wiring and boxes, and as some one mentioned before, where would you place it if there's no mold in the housing to place it into not to mention as I stated above.

People bring up Depo, where? I've looked and the old FS adds mention,"Good luck trying to get these.........."

More or less, I just want to plug and play, good looking, semi-fancy lighting, nothing really over $300 shipped.

somebody5788
04-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Lol, I shot myself in the foot this round and failed you guys in my asking....that second link reguarding the, HID Xenon D2C D2R D2S 8000K high beams, was just for reference to: Simply to fit in any bulb into the highs to take up the space.

I know nothing, really nothing (other then the 6K,7K,8K apperance the bulbs make) reguarding HID, Xenon, Haolgen, Ballests, nothing....to make a long story short I live in the 3rd largest city in the country....I could read a book at night on the street...the illumnation of this vs that I don't know and unlike a small city, some place that has a forest, hills, turns, mountains, bushes, lol, you know..mother nature(only read about it) I don't know if I need to get some crazy illumantion (or really put it to use).

What do I want? I want to get rid of my semi-rice projectors and get some ...quailty? looking headlights....you know, nicely built looking,"Hey those are good quality looking lights.".

For illumantion, I guess it would be nice to have what what I see on some of these clean semi-built BMWs, Lexuses, that are driving around and I don't know how to explain the light. In other words, when you see that kinda lighting coming your way..your expecting to see a luxery car pull up. Their light is different....

So is that more or less Xenon?

So DDM only carries a conversion kit, I don't know if I wan't to start to do all that with wiring and boxes, and as some one mentioned before, where would you place it if there's no mold in the housing to place it into not to mention as I stated above.

People bring up Depo, where? I've looked and the old FS adds mention,"Good luck trying to get these.........."

More or less, I just want to plug and play, good looking, semi-fancy lighting, nothing really over $300 shipped.

Trust me when I say you want 6k lights. It is what is factory for all US cars AFAIK its that or 4500 I don't remember. I personally would go 55w even if you don't need the brightness. There is a website that has the Depo's for sale I just dont know what it is. Helix and Depo are basically the same company I believe so if you find Helix that's just as well. As far as mounting ballasts the headlights you linked someone else mentioned that the ballast needs mounted anyways.

It seems the price has gone up http://www.parts4euro.com/DCShop/product_info.php?cPath=2_27_109&products_id=534 It also mentions not to use 55w which I dont know why but noted.

Do what you want but I don't think you will like how blue the lights are.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p223/somebody5788/My%20cars/A4/3aa94251.jpg

headlight is 6k 35w, fog light is 8k 55w

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p223/somebody5788/My%20cars/A4/82ac0e8c.jpg

you can barely even see the 8k hid's..

Silverstreak98
04-14-2010, 03:54 PM
OEM HID uses 4300k not 6000k, btw

revolution337
04-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Also I would seriously stay away from 8k. I have 8k 55w in my fog lights and they are just way way way too blue. Go 6k 55w slim ballast and you will be very happy.
the seller has an option for 6K, its not just 8K

This auction is by default to include the 8000K (White with Bluish) Xenon HID, if you want 6000K (Pure White) Xenon HID, please let us know. 6000K has the same price as the 8000K

somebody5788
04-14-2010, 05:37 PM
the seller has an option for 6K, its not just 8K

Ah ok thats not too bad then. Price isn't terrible though I'd rather find them for 200 again lol. I do prefer DDM but the package is acceptable.

revolution337
04-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Ah ok thats not too bad then. Price isn't terrible though I'd rather find them for 200 again lol. I do prefer DDM but the package is acceptable.

i agree. it really is a nice package for people who don't have time/desire/ability to install HID seperately. you pay a little more $ for the convience

A1 A2 German
04-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Are you refereing to the Depos or Ebay model?

somebody5788
04-14-2010, 06:27 PM

The ones you linked on ebay ARE Depo's.

Like stated the only quality I'd question is the HID kit. Worst case scenario you have to spend 50 bux later on down the road.

revolution337
04-14-2010, 06:27 PM

in this case both. the ebay link ARE depo brand headlights

edit: you beat me ^^

Castor Troy
04-14-2010, 06:29 PM
also, with those ebay headlights, the $299 price is for 35w. it's an extra $20 to upgrade to 55w

A1 A2 German
04-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Thanx guys, it was kinda a play on words let threw me off ; PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS WITH GERMAN MADE PROJECTOR LENS, when I thought Depos where completely made in Germany....which they may but there is some trickery wording in Ebay auctions....., "Audi manifold made in Germany bolts..." Yeah, it's made in China, just the bolts are from Germany

A1 A2 German
04-15-2010, 01:27 PM
If any one comes across them @ ~$225 let me know!

Quattro Fury
04-15-2010, 01:47 PM
I have the onles with the black housings. IMO its a good setup. Reasonable price, easy to install, no woiring to be a PITA. I have had them for about 2 months and immediately added headlight film to protect them. FYI, the seller also offers 6000k bulbs instead of 8000k, you just have to request in in the comments when you make the purchase...

audiholix
04-15-2010, 06:32 PM
fyi : i would not put 55w hid kits in your depo/helix headlights. the projector lens are made of plastic and can melt over time.

speedydragon
04-15-2010, 08:31 PM
I didnt read the entire thread, but if you want Depos, I suggest you PM Kiet@Vex. He has great pricing on the Depos

A1 A2 German
04-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Thanx, figures, I attempt to look for these.......~3 days later looking the ABT Valance pics find Vexs thread.....go figure, just sent him a pm.

Thanx everyone!