PDA

View Full Version : couple of questions

Outkasted
02-01-2005, 08:53 PM
I know the TT has the haldrex quattro system, but what is the split. Is this car mainly front wheel drive or more rear. Also how is the acceleration, say versus a 325i. WHat is the strongest kit out now and who makes it. I am researching the TT as a possible new car along with the b5 s4. Any info would be great.

Thanks

ncttrnl
02-01-2005, 10:17 PM
They are mainly front and transfer power when the wheels slip.

The most powerful kit is a loaded question. You can go from a chip for 500 or so bucks to a full dahlback monster with over 400HP to the ground for however many 10's of thousands they are chargning now.

Out of the box, the TT is not fast so I wouldn't compare it to a B5 S4. They are two different beasts. Test drive them and you will see. That doesn't mean you can't make a TT stupid fast though. Most people are pretty happy with the 30HP or so they can pick up with a chip and some go a little further and do an exhaust, intake and maybe a front mount intercooler.

The 325 and the TT are about the same but the TT handles better.

ncttrnl
02-01-2005, 10:19 PM
I should add... there is a new controller out there for the haldex to make it a 50/50 split all the time but I've been hearing not everyone will like it since the car gets a little more squirrely on boost in the turns.

Outkasted
02-02-2005, 09:32 AM
Well the one i am looking at is chipped, front mount and exhaust already. So i was kinda wondering if i decided to get it what company has my next step. I looked up Apr, but they don't have there kit out yet and i am not trying to spend crazy cash. You know something in the market of 5000. I have already test driven the s4, but not the TT yet. I guess i need to go and do that.

Hutash
02-02-2005, 01:00 PM
Do drive the TT. The car is more about style and less about performance, though it is still a good performer, especially moded, but it will never be the top performance car on a dollar for dollar basis. It is a wonderfully designed car from an asethetic point of view.

Outkasted
02-17-2005, 07:15 PM
Got another question. Does the TT have the same fear as the a4 when running a staggered set of wheels. I am trying to figure out if you run the same risk of messing up your differential with haldrex as you do with torsen. Still debating on what my next car will be.

Outkasted
03-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Does anyone know this answer.

Hutash
03-04-2005, 09:11 AM
I do not know for a fact, but my understanding is you should not run a staggared set on any quattro system.

JMG
03-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Outkasted
Got another question. Does the TT have the same fear as the a4 when running a staggered set of wheels. I am trying to figure out if you run the same risk of messing up your differential with haldrex as you do with torsen. Still debating on what my next car will be.

my understanding is that no awd car should run staggered if the rolling diameter is different.