PDA

View Full Version : Wirring Gremlins please HELP

SnowBum124
04-07-2010, 09:09 PM
OK so here is where i am at. over the weekend i installed my Greddy boost controller and Greddy turbo timer. every thing works like it should but my window don't work at all. all the switches are dead at each door but i can roll the windows up and down thru the key fob. my door locks work and so do my power mirrors. what the hell went wrong?[confused] has anyone had this happened before? i have checked the switch and it is getting power and ground. i am trying my best to read the wiring diagrams but i suck at it (they are hard to understand). i was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on it. oh ya when i hook up my Vag-Com is says 'No response from controller".[headbang] Any help would be great

A4Rob
04-07-2010, 09:11 PM
First, why did you install a Greddy turbo timer?

What wires did you cut to make it "work". That is probably your problem. Return it to stock and sell the TT on ebay.

Oh and it is Wiring, not Wirring

SnowBum124
04-07-2010, 09:18 PM
i followed this: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?190418-DIY-B5-A4-1.8T-Greddy-III-Turbo-Timer-Install
i just kinda like the look of the matching controller and timer. and yes i saw that i missed spelled wiring after i posted

A4Rob
04-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Did you have the issues before installing it?

SnowBum124
04-07-2010, 09:34 PM
nope no issues. i just quickly undid the wiring for the timer back to stock and still not working.

A4Rob
04-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Make sure you did not damage any other wires. If everything worked before you installed it, you probably damaged wires somewhere along the install process.

No one can really help you here. You damaged the wires and now you need to fix them. No one knows what you cut or spliced. Sounds like you are on your own for this one.

SnowBum124
04-07-2010, 10:04 PM
well thanks for trying i will keep working on it and let you know what i find.