PDA

View Full Version : warranty

piTTsburgher
02-01-2005, 12:03 PM
i have 96k on my car at present. i will feel naked when my warranty runs out in 4k and have been exploring extended warranties. has anyone purchased one or have any info about these? ive heard both extremes so far in my research. i was able to discover one company that appears reputable offering a 48 month/54k extra mileage coverage (bumper to bumper) for 1750.00 (included xtra for turbo, AWD, and heigthened odometer reading). all others were lesser in quality or more expensive. i need to move on this since i waited so long, i have very little time left before my existing warranty runs out. thanks.

commotoed
02-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Put the money in the bank, or invest it, when and if you need it, it will be available to you. If you do not need it you still have it! (the money!) e

piTTsburgher
02-02-2005, 05:01 AM
thats for the investment advise, but...has anyone bought one? or does anyone have a TT over 100k on the odometer? what are they doing? no warranty? warranty? i know that each year i spend a modest amount of time caring for my car, and im glad that someone else is footing the bill. four more years of that would ease my mind more than a sh*tty interest return that cant keep up with inflation.