PDA

View Full Version : Injector/ GIAC PC-16 Question

Quattro 4 Life
04-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Hello fellow 'ziners

I am in progress of piecing together the supporting parts for the GIAC PC16 file and when I purchased my K04 I also got some TT225 (386cc) injectors. I've done my fare share of reading and research on what is needed for this file and tried to wrap my head around about info surrounding injectors but I am still unsure about some things. The PC16 file calls for Bosch 315cc Red Top injectors...

First off, do the TT225 even fit in my AEB engine? I've heard of injector spacers or something like that, maybe those are necessary for proper fitment?

Secondly, could I use the TT injectors in place of the Bosch ones, or would that not work according to the GIAC file?

I appreciate any help, and please don't turn this into a thread about going with a bigger turbo, I'm not looking to put that much money into the car, and i've had the turbo for over a year now. (installed and it runs fine, contrary to what I've heard other people say on here)

flynnr
04-05-2010, 02:09 PM
use the correct injectors... the tune calls for 315cc injectors why would you attempt using anything different?

CrtchRktRcr
04-05-2010, 02:17 PM
use what they suggest. Make sure the plugs they recommend also.

97B518TQM
04-05-2010, 02:22 PM
With the TT injectors you will simply run too rich, which will affect the timing, which will lower the car's power output. If you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator then you might be able to make it somewhat work that won't let you change the fuel map so it will be just a rough tweak to get it somewhat in the right A/F ratio under WOT.
Just get the right injectors and everything else recommended. Get the Bosch injectors from CTS Turbo, they are the cheapest there, at least last time I checked.

LEGO
04-05-2010, 03:29 PM
I don't think you'll even be able to get those tt225 injectors to fit. Since they are for the small port intake mani, they are shorter and won't really sit right or seal. Even with a adjustable fpr you won't get it to work cause even the bosch redtops need to be turned down to about 2.7 to 2.9bar. If you got the 386cc ones to work, you would have to turn the fpr way down to the point where it would not spray correctly.

Quattro 4 Life
04-05-2010, 08:53 PM
yeah the only reason i asked is because i already have them and figured the 'load' on them would be less, but all the injector threads i looked through just ended up confusing me. Looks like they will go up for sale. thanks for the info guys