PDA

View Full Version : *** Best Mods Day Ever ***

Quattro
01-30-2005, 05:20 PM
After many, many, manyyyyyyyyy days of going to shops, asking around, etc. I was believed that my 96 audi a4 could not get an aftermarket alarm, many shops said they would not touch it because its hard. I finally after today have a new aftermarket alarm. Its not the aladdin, but it is just as good if not better!.
How can i post a movie file!?

here is what we did today:

- door locks lock/unlock
- power windows up/down
- ****REMOTE START!!!!! ***
- etc

i got a video of the remote start, i am so happy we did it!!!!

As of now, my friend who does my audio install is offering specials to audi drivers in the los angeles area, who wants aftermarket alarms on all years!!! even the vaccum system of a 96.
-randy!!
ill post the video if anyone can send me in the right direction were to host an 11 mb file.

HotSauce
01-30-2005, 05:25 PM
Awesome, what'd it set you back, if you don't mind my asking?

osofast10
01-30-2005, 05:31 PM
haha i did my own alarm.. it's not hard at all... what shops did you take it to?

quicksilver
01-30-2005, 05:33 PM
i would like to know how about how much too, I'm getting my 01 a4 done with alarm and remote start this week. And I would like a comparison. The one I am getting has a built in turbo timer in it, so I figure thats a hundred bucks i'm not spending anyway

infinity20k
01-30-2005, 05:36 PM
good work man was the starter hard to do?

Quattro
01-30-2005, 05:52 PM
the starter, i dont know i didnt install it. the total cost for me was a lot cause of all the extra stuff we needed, because it was his first audi to do, so we needed to buy extra parts incase of anything.
the alarm its self was not very expensive around $150 plus or minus, because it has a lot of stuff built in to it: remote start, window module thing, alarm to start car, turn it off, etc.

install he charged me a decent price, he like sponsering my car so not to much, i was the test subject lol. if anyone wants to get it done shoot me an email he said future install should be less then $150. He has not decided, he is negotiable on prices!!
good luckwith your install quicksilver. make sure the shop installs enough relays and stuff, very very important!!! and make sure they install a proper kill switch.
-randy

osofast10
01-30-2005, 05:59 PM
ok remote start is very easy to do.. it's only like 12 wires.... and as for the rest of the alarm teh only hard part is hiding everyting and finding a hole to pass wires from your motor bay to your inside but if you have a amp in your car you can pass it through there... if anyone needs help on this PM me and i'll send you a cheat cheat to make it so that anyone can install an alarm or a remote start... oh and BTW i have a viper 796 on my car... oh and quicksilver if you get a viper alarm you can have your alarm programed to act like a turbo timer....