PDA

View Full Version : vss location 2.8

Redg2
03-15-2010, 09:17 PM
where exactly is the vss located on the 2.8 tip trans? i tried lifting the car up today and trying to find it but couldn't, i know its located on the driver side, be awesome if anyone had pics for reference.

Silverstreak98
03-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Courtesy of Audiforums: CLICK (http://audiforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1081427&postcount=4)

Heres a quote:

US spec 2.8L V6 2WD. On my car, the sensor is located on the driver's side of the differential at the very bottom of the car. It can only be reached easily by taking off the drivers side front tire and reaching through the hole around the axle. There is a metal plate that surrounds the axle and makes access a real challenge. The swap out took some time as I had to find that way to get to the part. Once I figured that out, it came in and out pretty easily. First pull out the retaining clip for the wiring harness and remove harness. Then push down on the tab to release the holds and turn the sensor towards you about 1/4 turn, then pull it out. Put in the new one at the same angle and turn away from you back into the hold. Reapply the wiring harness and then the hardest part: the retaining clip for the wiring harness was a royal pain to reapply as you have almost no room to work and you cant see what you are doing. Total time for me was around 1 hour once I decided to take off the wheel. I could probably do it much faster now, but if you leave yourself two hours you should be fine.

Edit: Not sure if he has a Tip or manual, but its worth a shot.

Redg2
03-15-2010, 09:51 PM
thanks alot will try to get my new vss in tommorow morning. my speedo is all slow and it also throws my gas gauge wayy off