PDA

View Full Version : '06 A3 Sportsback

Mr. Lawrence
01-26-2005, 05:52 AM
I realize that this is the B5 A4 thread, but since I couldn't find an area that seemed appropriate, and since I have a B5 A4 I hope that others won't mind...

Basically, I was wondering if anyone had any idea how much interior space the A3 Sportsback will have compared to the B5 A4? Also, what the price is likely to be for an A3 with sunroof, leather, HID, and maybe the 3.2l engine? Last question, are my 18" BBS CH wheels likely to fit?

Any other thoughts on this new Audi? [:)]

Daft
01-26-2005, 06:12 AM
I've seen the A3 and it's has ample front seating room but, the rear seats are a tad more cramped than the A4. The A3 is a hatch so, the hatch area isn't as deep as an A4's trunk but, it has height that the A4 doesn't. Plus, you can also fold the seats down and you have almost as much space as an avant.

I think I'll stay with the A4 because I have kids and the car seats are a tight enough fit in my A4. The A3 might be too tight for the rear facing car seat.

pdxa4
01-26-2005, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Lawrence
I realize that this is the B5 A4 thread, but since I couldn't find an area that seemed appropriate, and since I have a B5 A4 I hope that others won't mind...

Basically, I was wondering if anyone had any idea how much interior space the A3 Sportsback will have compared to the B5 A4? Also, what the price is likely to be for an A3 with sunroof, leather, HID, and maybe the 3.2l engine? Last question, are my 18" BBS CH wheels likely to fit?

Any other thoughts on this new Audi? [:)]

For starters I can tell you that your wheels will fit the new A3, it now has the same bolt pattern as the A4...

After that I have now seen a lot of them on the road and they are really nice, nice presence and the new grille actually integrates rather well...

How much ? no idea, but I can tell you that it will be a lot cheaper in the US than they are where I live in Ireland...

Audimarc
01-26-2005, 07:36 AM
You've seen the A3? I didn't think they were sold in the US

cbass
01-26-2005, 08:13 AM
He said he saw them in Ireland where he used to live.

Mr. Lawrence
01-26-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Daft
I've seen the A3 and it's has ample front seating room but, the rear seats are a tad more cramped than the A4. The A3 is a hatch so, the hatch area isn't as deep as an A4's trunk but, it has height that the A4 doesn't. Plus, you can also fold the seats down and you have almost as much space as an avant.

I think I'll stay with the A4 because I have kids and the car seats are a tight enough fit in my A4. The A3 might be too tight for the rear facing car seat.

I've got 3 kids myself. One is about to go to college, which means I only need to be able to seat 2 adults and 2 teens. [:D]

I wish I had a better idea on price though. Since it is under the A4, my hope is that maxed out, the price won't exceed $32k. That might be to much to expect though.

01B5turboQ
01-26-2005, 08:38 AM
Price is going to begin in the low 20's I presume , I had a chat with my local audi dealer on them , he's was trying to sell me hardcore on buying one , only thing i do no like about them , is that the quattro option will not be availiable on the first ones to come to the states.

nizmosx
01-26-2005, 09:09 AM
suposedly the a3 comes out this year in 05 offered only in front track and in 06 the quattro comes out, they said it will start off in the low 20's for cost and jump upwards to the early 30's with the larger motor and fully loaded car, so you guys are on the right track, there is like a 2 or 3 page article about it in eurotuner a couple months back i think

Mr. Lawrence
01-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Hmm... Front track only! At least initially... I'll hold off at least until the Quattro is available. I was expecting the price to be somewhere between the cost of a VR6 VW and an A4.

Anthony
01-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Yeah, lots of correct info on here. It'll be a bit more expensive than a GTI and less than an A4. Around high 20's is my guess. First ones should be here by May.

Daft
01-26-2005, 07:28 PM
My local dealership said the A4 will go up a few grand and the A3 will come in at the price level that the A4 was at for 2005.

A3 2.0T quattro manual = ~$29K (base)

A4 2.0T quattro manual = ~$31-32K (base)

Right now a 2005 A4 1.8T quattro manual is $28,150 base. As usual, unless you order it from the factory, you get whatever option packages they have out there. Currently, 2005 cars are almost done and you basically will find more auto trannys and at least 3 option packages on them.

My local dealer said that the B7 A4 should be arriving in the mid-late March timeframe. He also confirmed the May date for the A3.

foofighter
01-26-2005, 07:38 PM
fully equipped it'll be above 30k w/ dsg etc the size of it will be the same as the new Jetta V so i you fit in the jetta chances are you'll fit in the A3 sportback