PDA

View Full Version : Vagcom problems :S

soundspeedstyle
02-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Alright so I got an ebay cable for the 409 version. Downloaded the 409 version off ross-techs site. Went in to play today and delete my cel for no cat and do one touch unlocks all doors... stuff like that.
Well I tried an auto scan just to make sure nothing else was wrong and it just kept repeating the program no progress.
So i closed out and opened again ran an engine scan. Says no response from controller.
So I test the connection and vagcom everything is ok.. must be me that Fl_lcked up [headbang]

any one got any tips for this?

soundspeedstyle
02-25-2010, 10:54 PM
bump?

walky_talky20
02-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Did the blue light on the cable come on? The ebay cables are little fussy to get connected right. Mine takes some jiggling usually. If there is no blue light, you won't get a connection. On our B5's, the blue light is sort of aimed at the floor. Easy to see at night, but during the day you might need to put your hand behind the connector to see if the light shines on your hand.

Other than that, how is your ABS module? A failed ABS module can cause vag-com to be unable to communicate.

gmx
02-26-2010, 07:58 PM
hahhaha lol... no response from controller (engine module 01)

MEANS

Check ECU relay/fuses
Check ECU harness
Check ECU

:)

I'm dealing it myself.
My ECU + ECU plug (left most) is intermittently shorting.

Does your car at least start?

soundspeedstyle
02-27-2010, 12:40 AM
thanks for the posts guys

Yea the light comes on.

Lol ya my car starts haha... And if the harness/fuses/relays were bad wouldn't the car not drive verywell? No other issues besides my boost crap I posted in another thread about my mbc.

Any other ideas?

Silverstreak98
02-27-2010, 01:03 AM
No experience with the EBAY cables but I know that they are limited in the things they can do.

My advice is to purchase a legit ROSS TECH Vag-Com cable so that you achieve the full potential of what Vag-Com can do.

I realize that it is unlikely that you will do so, but it really is a great benefit.

T0mat3
02-27-2010, 01:47 AM
No experience with the EBAY cables but I know that they are limited in the things they can Legally do.

Fixed :)