PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: BBS center caps part: 0924486

got boost.
02-17-2010, 11:06 PM
I have a brand new set of BBS center caps that have been sitting in my room for about a year. They still have the protective stickers on them. I don't need a second set as i have black ones on my BBS CH currently. Price is $70.

According to pure ms 0924486 the face is 70mm and the back size for the wheel is 64mm
http://www.purems.com/products/product.php?II=77

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q69/skylinegt77/DSC_1402.jpg
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q69/skylinegt77/DSC_1403.jpg

InfoProf55
04-18-2010, 07:12 PM
I'll take them, if they're still available. PayPal OK? I live in Calgary, Alberta Canada

got boost.
04-18-2010, 09:01 PM
They are still available but i will not ship them to Canada unless you pay for express mail with tracking from USPS which is about $35.

InfoProf55
04-19-2010, 06:44 AM
I'm dismayed you feel the need for such security on this small shipment. I've used eBay for years and never had a missed shipment from the US Post Office, even without tracking.

From what I see on the USPS website, given the size and weight of the caps, I expect the following rate is more appropriate:

Priority MailŪ International Small Flat Rate Box*
Maximum Value for Contents: $400.00
USPS Supplied Small Box: 8 5/8" x 5 3/8" x 1 5/8".
Maximum weight 4 pounds.

6 - 10 Days $11.45 (bought in person), $10.88 (web-paid).

$35 for secured shipping for this purchase makes it uneconomical for me. I'll pay the Internaltional Small Flat Rate Box fee, but not the one you require. Sorry.

/Steve

97B518TQM
04-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Priority MailŪ International Small Flat Rate Box*
Maximum Value for Contents: $400.00
USPS Supplied Small Box: 8 5/8" x 5 3/8" x 1 5/8".
Maximum weight 4 pounds.

6 - 10 Days $11.45 (bought in person), $10.88 (web-paid).

$35 for secured shipping for this purchase makes it uneconomical for me. I'll pay the Internaltional Small Flat Rate Box fee, but not the one you require. Sorry.

/Steve

That is what I usually pay when I ship small packages to Canada.

Raacerx
04-19-2010, 10:59 AM
It is a local forum, we are in California. He probably would have posted them in the normal national classifieds if he didn't mind shipping them to Canada. A lot of times, people do not want to deal with the extra annoyance of filling out some duty papers, etc. Or more specifically, they don't want to deal with shipping at all.

InfoProf55
04-19-2010, 01:11 PM
No worries, Raacerx; I'm sure that if got boost didn't want to ship them to Canda he would have said so.

I've ordered them from TireRack for $102 all-in: shipping, taxes, duties etc. As I said, it just wasn't economical to pay $105 plus another $5 for customs and probably another $5 for GST (Canada's national sales tax).

Thanks for the dialogue, all; I'm glad I joined the forum.

/Steve

got boost.
04-19-2010, 03:16 PM
The thing is, i do about 80-100 online transactions each month so i know what i'm dealing with. The reason why i ask you to use a insured way of shipping is because if i ship it priority with no tracking even if you get the package you can scam me and file a paypal dispute saying you never received it since i had no tracking on the item and you would win. Yes, this isn't much to scam but hey i rather keep them instead of losing them. Also, you just joined the forum yesterday and this is your first post so i am a bit sketchy. You have to understand my point of view in this position. If you really want them i can ship them priority but you would have to agree that i am not responsible for the package after i ship it out since i have no control over when it arrives or if it even arrives at all. Shoot me a pm if you want them.

Raacerx
04-19-2010, 05:59 PM
The thing is, i do about 80-100 online transactions each month so i know what i'm dealing with. The reason why i ask you to use a insured way of shipping is because if i ship it priority with no tracking even if you get the package you can scam me and file a paypal dispute saying you never received it since i had no tracking on the item and you would win. Yes, this isn't much to scam but hey i rather keep them instead of losing them. Also, you just joined the forum yesterday and this is your first post so i am a bit sketchy. You have to understand my point of view in this position. If you really want them i can ship them priority but you would have to agree that i am not responsible for the package after i ship it out since i have no control over when it arrives or if it even arrives at all. Shoot me a pm if you want them.

Just have him pay via a Paypal Gift. You lose the buyer protection. as you mentioned, you've been on this forum for 3 years, and he is brand new, so you are the one taking the larger risk. Also, with the Paypal Gift, you don't pay 3% charge, since there is no protection or possibility of retribution.

I use the gift function if I am dealing with someone I know, when I am not willing to give a refund of any kind, or when I am trying to saving someone the 3% charge that I normally incorporate into the price of an item I am selling.

got boost.
04-22-2010, 10:00 PM
^^thanks for the advice

bump

chimchongdlight
05-08-2010, 02:09 PM
lol i wouldn't even ship it to him..hes brand new...not saying hes a bad guy or nething...

maybe bc im thinking about buying these center caps if there still available...do they only fit bbs wheels tho? bc i swear i was reading somewhere and it said something like bbs had there own sizing on center caps

got boost.
05-09-2010, 01:51 AM
You are going to have to figure it out yourself as i can only assure they fit my 19 inch bbs ch. I listed the size in the first post that i got from pure ms.

Go_S4
05-30-2010, 09:02 PM
Pmed.