PDA

View Full Version : why you should NEVER buy from cx racing.

wildbill
02-01-2010, 10:22 AM
first off....i put their control arms on 1 month ago.
when i call to notify them BOTH sides of the car broke the lower control arms on different occasions. they said this

1) hondas and audis theres no difference
2) im out of luckl
3) they will give me a replacement set so i can
a) have both tires bite my well and ruin my quarter and tread.
b)piss off

so never buy there product. meyle here i come

RockyMountainB5
02-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Are these the control arms you are talking about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-A4-A6-S4-VW-Passat-B5-Control-Arms-Kit-Aluminum_W0QQitemZ350308549410QQcmdZViewItemQQptZM otors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5190044 322

here on their website...

http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CXR&Product_Code=CM-A4A6-1&Category_Code=Audi_A4

Coopa
02-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Post pictures of said broken control arms!

wildbill
02-01-2010, 10:46 AM
yeah thats the kit....working on pics....audizine wont take mac pics

Kyle H
02-01-2010, 10:54 AM
This is a Forged Aluminum Control Arm Upgrade kit, with 12 pcs of Arms and 42 bolts and Nuts as listed below.

This kit is made with high quality 6082 Aluminum, forged, designed and made to increase performance, reduce weight.
sounds like bs.... How is that forged aluminum? Looks cast to me...

wildbill
02-01-2010, 11:04 AM
it sucks. but in two days i have meyle

wdbdy2000s4
02-01-2010, 11:38 AM
what broke? bushings or the actual metal?

did you preload the suspension before fully tightening and torquing the bolts?

flynnr
02-01-2010, 01:00 PM
it sucks. but in two days i have meyle

if you installed the cx ones incorrectly (not preloading the susp.) and you install the melee ones the same way, your melee ones will break within a month as well

A4Rob
02-01-2010, 01:11 PM
I have had great luck from that seller... however I have never purchased their control arms. FCP Groton FTW.

EuroDriven
02-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Not to say CX racing makes a quality product, but...I am not sure I would trust such a vital part to an off brand company.

I bought an FMIC from them, I am sure it will be cheap, but it cost me 60$ and what happens if it fails? Boost Leak then...? Same thing with their turbos, would you honestly buy a turbo from them expecting it to be the same quality as a garret? Turbo Mani, sure why not its just tubing and hella cheap vs a legit SPA mani, worth a try. The connecting rods they have on there? Hahahaha those must be a joke!

Then again as others asked, how did you do the install?

-John

Mawhitey
02-01-2010, 02:08 PM
I have been lucky then as i have bought from them a few times and had the items shipped fast enough with quality being exactly as expected.

Pays your money etc. Sad to hear of your failure, exactly how did they fail?

djwimbo
02-01-2010, 05:21 PM
I have had great luck from that seller... however I have never purchased their control arms.

This.

Buy good control arms, from trusted vendors though. That kit costs what retail price is on ONE control arm from Napa (Febi/Bilstien), that should have been a hint.

Vrdady
02-01-2010, 05:37 PM
no offense you paid 1/3 the cost of the kits everyone else sells and you think its going to be work?

SantorinRocks
02-02-2010, 10:23 AM
sounds like bs.... How is that forged aluminum? Looks cast to me...

more like Forged chinese pot metal?

We STILL dont know if he installed correctly. Therefore, we STILL dont know if the kit actually caused this. It could actually be a quality kit.

wildbill
02-03-2010, 06:54 AM
it is. preloaded and set to exact heights

wildbill
02-03-2010, 07:26 AM
how would you want to lower a 2 in drop any diff?

HotSauce
02-03-2010, 07:36 AM
how would you want to lower a 2 in drop any diff?

I have read this over a dozen times and can't possibly fathom what you're trying to ask.

wildbill
02-03-2010, 07:45 AM
i lowered my car with bilstein sports and hr reds....(race) so theres going to be more pressure on the bushings. im wondering if you have to account that when you set the control arms.

terraflata
02-03-2010, 08:20 AM
i lowered my car with bilstein sports and hr reds....(race) so theres going to be more pressure on the bushings. im wondering if you have to account that when you set the control arms.

Lowering your car doesn't mean there will be more pressure on the bushings. It COULD have no effect, but it shouldn't. Quite simply the arms were supposed to be installed but not tightened, weight must then be put on the axle with the suspension in the car, this allows the arms to find their place on their own, at this point their are tightened to spec. If you did not follow this procedure, then your arms failing prematurely are you own fault.

It does not matter if you are lowered or on stock suspension, because putting weight on the axle will determine the height of any suspension, and tightening the control arms during this time will insure it is done right, regardless the suspension.

If what I am saying is wrong, someone please correct me.

-Terraflata

biketsai
02-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Lol theres no way id trust a vital component such as control arms to a company like CX racing. I have their FMIC stuff and its great, but like others said what all can you mess up on those right?

terraflata
02-03-2010, 09:47 AM
For the price of a complete control arm kit with hardware, an'd the frequenecy in which they should be changed, I don't see why people view them as expensive!

Terraflata

b5v6
02-07-2010, 07:02 AM
I have read this over a dozen times and can't possibly fathom what you're trying to ask.

word....why is grammar and proof reading so difficult...