PDA

View Full Version : My C6 4.2 quick little exhaust vid

SilverBullet
01-25-2010, 04:03 PM
my buddy took a quick vid of my exhaust, all i did was rear muffler delete. plan on doing full exhaust eventually but here ya go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4tXqRO9m3o

pattrick02
01-25-2010, 04:10 PM
sounds pretty mean! i like the deep tone

SilverBullet
01-25-2010, 04:12 PM
sounds pretty mean! i like the deep tone

thank you sir....i was amazing as to how loud it was just from muffler delete....i plan on doing a full exhaust at some point. but im happy for now

Collantes_C6
09-14-2010, 07:03 AM
Sounds mean!

Its quite sad that I just realized that my C6 3.2 would never sound like yours. 4.2 ftw!

Nogaro s4 914
10-01-2010, 03:34 PM
what exactly is the rear muffler delete ?

SilverBullet
10-02-2010, 08:20 PM
what exactly is the rear muffler delete ?

I removed the rear 2 mufflers added about 9 inches of straight pipe and tips.

05A642
10-03-2010, 08:16 AM
I removed the rear 2 mufflers added about 9 inches of straight pipe and tips.

That sounds amazing, you just convinced me to do llikewise and remove rear mufflers! Is there any drone? and how loud is the sound inside the car?

b7a4GT30
10-04-2010, 09:14 PM
forget the exhaust lol that sounds just plain mean!! if only i had a v8 [headbang]... im on the 4banger status [drive] so i by all means need an exhaust!

Hambone101
10-04-2010, 09:20 PM
How different is the c5 from the c6 in terms of exhaust? I'm planning on doing a custom set up and was thinking about only removing the resonators and leaving the mufflers, now you have me thinking of leaving the resonators and removing the mufflers.

Love the sound, makes the car more aggressive imo.

SilverBullet
10-08-2010, 08:04 PM
That sounds amazing, you just convinced me to do llikewise and remove rear mufflers! Is there any drone? and how loud is the sound inside the car?

Thanks dude. It gets pretty loud when u get on it. But the drone isn't that bad on the inside. But there is a little noise on the inside. Its manageable

SilverBullet
10-08-2010, 08:07 PM
How different is the c5 from the c6 in terms of exhaust? I'm planning on doing a custom set up and was thinking about only removing the resonators and leaving the mufflers, now you have me thinking of leaving the resonators and removing the mufflers.

Love the sound, makes the car more aggressive imo.
One of my friends has a c5 4.2 and he removed the resonators and it sounded like crap lol. But then he put them back in and he removed the mufflers it sounds pretty close to my car. Its amazing I would do it. Its a cheap and great mod

Nogaro s4 914
10-13-2010, 06:24 AM
I recently went to a recommended muffler shop by me and did the rear muffler delete and replaced it with a straight pipe, this is by far the best bang for your buck, exhaust systems go for over a grand I payed 90$ and could not be any happier it sounds absolutely amazing, so deep the v8 sounds so nice while climbing rpms.. I do have a video however I'm on my iPhone but I will try and post it up when I get home 

SilverBullet
10-13-2010, 02:09 PM
I recently went to a recommended muffler shop by me and did the rear muffler delete and replaced it with a straight pipe, this is by far the best bang for your buck, exhaust systems go for over a grand I payed 90$ and could not be any happier it sounds absolutely amazing, so deep the v8 sounds so nice while climbing rpms.. I do have a video however I'm on my iPhone but I will try and post it up when I get home 

it is exactly the best bang for your buck, i payed $110 best mod i have done hahaha.

Nogaro s4 914
10-15-2010, 12:17 PM
as promised, my exhaust vid. not the best quality (sent from a friends iphone) enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20t6ZBF3ixA

MainlandMig
11-11-2010, 05:49 PM
what does "malaka" mean? just kiddin... would love to delete mine but my 4.2 has a dual duty for family carrier ... would regret it on long trips.

jdaudi
11-13-2010, 08:26 PM
I wish my 3.2 could sound good. Any videos of a c6 3.2. Can't find any on youtube

kochisp
11-05-2012, 05:08 PM
I know this is a super old post, but Nogaro S4 914 I was hoping you could give me a little clarity on what you did. As I look under my car I see the pipes come down from what I feel are the cats, then they go through those wire cages, then through two sets of mufflers straight down the length of the car and finally through the resonators on the way out of the tips. Did you leave the resonators in the far rear of the car and just remove the one set of mufflers? Sorry for the question from such an old post, I just really want to do the same thing because your video clip sounded bad as hell!!! I am about to have a custom dyno tune done on my 2006 A6 4.2 S-Line and I wanted to do a couple things before-hand to help me get more out of the tune. Did you notice any gains at all, or mostly just the better sound? I'm trying to figure out what mods to do to the car before the tune.

Thanks!!

KAL
11-05-2012, 07:10 PM
I think you got it right kochisp. It does sound really good and its getting me thinking of doing this before I eventually get a miltek. But I'm wondering about somthing you said. Does it really improve preformance to do a muffler delete?

P.S Please post your dyno numbers when you get them!! I have the same car stock but I'd love to see how your putting out.

OmaHahn
11-06-2012, 08:44 AM
I know this is a super old post, but Nogaro S4 914 I was hoping you could give me a little clarity on what you did. As I look under my car I see the pipes come down from what I feel are the cats, then they go through those wire cages, then through two sets of mufflers straight down the length of the car and finally through the resonators on the way out of the tips. Did you leave the resonators in the far rear of the car and just remove the one set of mufflers? Sorry for the question from such an old post, I just really want to do the same thing because your video clip sounded bad as hell!!! I am about to have a custom dyno tune done on my 2006 A6 4.2 S-Line and I wanted to do a couple things before-hand to help me get more out of the tune. Did you notice any gains at all, or mostly just the better sound? I'm trying to figure out what mods to do to the car before the tune.

Thanks!!

I know it's so confusing as I see diagrams that claim the 2 items at the very back of the car right before the exhaust tips are the resonators then I also see people claim these as mufflers! If you look on the B8/S4 forum someone posted an actual Audi diagram of the bottom of the car and it shows these 2 items attached to the tips as resonators. But regardless of what these are called when you hear someone say they did a "rear muffler delte," it's these 2 "things," in front of the exhaust tips. Take those out and continue the pipe to the tips.

provost89
11-07-2012, 03:35 AM
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/431475-Custom-Magnaflow-Exhaust-on-my-4-2-V8

kochisp
11-07-2012, 01:31 PM
I will be searching for that diagram asap!! Thanks!

Thanks for the link! That is exactly what I am going to do. Amazon has those tips for a pretty good price with free 2 day shipping.

I imagine it won't add power as is, but I am curious to see if it will help at all with the custom tune. I will definitely let you know what the base figures and post tune figures are after it is completed. They are going to strap it to the dyno and do the tune. I will have before and after readings to compare.

kochisp
11-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Anyone have any fairly simple mods that they think I would benefit from before having the tune done? I figure since it's being tuned based on my exact car, any changes could be capitalized on.

KAL
11-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Dunno hour thought on removing the stock air box and dropping in a filter. Could benefit from a heat shield though. When are you getting the tune done?

kochisp
11-11-2012, 07:00 AM
Not sure. I am getting a little more nervous about the tune. They are going to put it on the dyno in order to tune it. I am just wondering if that will be a safe and reliable since they don't have a specific program set up and tested. Like APR for example.

dharmon012
02-24-2014, 07:07 AM
sorry to revive this old thread, but are there pictures of the underside of your car so i can see what was removed? that would be great

jbrentd
02-24-2014, 08:20 AM
Pretty sure he just removed the two mufflers closest to the exhaust tips. Take a look under you car from the back and you can see them. I plan on doing the delete this week myself.

dharmon012
02-24-2014, 12:59 PM
i did it on my old 2.7t i just havent taken a look under this car yet. i will do that at some point soon

dharmon012
04-26-2014, 04:21 AM
what size diameter pipe did you use to replace the muffler?

rollininstyle04
04-30-2014, 01:41 PM
what size diameter pipe did you use to replace the muffler?

On mine I removed both the 2nd set of resonators and the mufflers on each side (there are 4 resonators and 2 mufflers stock, so now I just have 1 set of resonators). They just used whatever size piping OEM is, I believe 2.5'' however it COULD be 2.25''

Video of mine, definitely on the louder side, but I love it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBUs8MUzBpU

The_Transporter
04-30-2014, 03:30 PM
I wish my 3.2 could sound good. Any videos of a c6 3.2. Can't find any on youtube

3.2 should sound pretty similar to the B8 S4, or my 3.0T (which has a muffler delete) But you won't have the cool supercharger whine along with it ;)

Youtube search for R32 Gti's, they do that mod a lot. Should sound the same.