PDA

View Full Version : Better Bass ?

fbdohc
01-15-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm looking to have a better bass in my car
The thing is , i dont want to change my oem radio... so i have to forget the idea of putting a subwoofer.
Is there anybody in here that upgraded their rear speakers for mini 6-8 inchs woofers ?

kampfer
01-15-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm looking to have a better bass in my car
The thing is , i dont want to change my oem radio... so i have to forget the idea of putting a subwoofer.
Is there anybody in here that upgraded their rear speakers for mini 6-8 inchs woofers ?

easy!

Go get a Bass amp $500
throw it in the back, and dont worry about it sliding around those bitches are heavy
Wire it up to the existing speakers and bam youre done

fbdohc
01-15-2010, 03:46 PM
easy!

Go get a Bass amp $500
throw it in the back, and dont worry about it sliding around those bitches are heavy
Wire it up to the existing speakers and bam youre done

You sure it wont blow them ?

Fukenfast
01-15-2010, 03:49 PM
You dont have to change your OEM radio to put a sub in. My radio is stock and I have two 12s

kampfer
01-15-2010, 03:49 PM
You sure it wont blow them ?

http://www.jetharris.biz/Guitars%20n%20Amps/Bass%20Amp-medium.jpg
just toss this bad boy in the back
and then you can add distortion pedal and play bass on it when you go to parties

fbdohc
01-15-2010, 03:52 PM
i dont get it...
i always had an aftermarket radio in my hondas to drive subwoofers

kampfer
01-15-2010, 03:56 PM
aww ok I'm sorry for the jokes, I saw better bass
I play the bass... it was just a joke :)

Fukenfast
01-15-2010, 04:07 PM
i dont get it...
i always had an aftermarket radio in my hondas to drive subwoofers

All you need is an adapter so that the stock radio will hook up with the amp. I forgot what its called but its not over 20 bucks.

viceprp
01-15-2010, 04:09 PM
You can see the setup I have in my sig .. it kicks and its the best set up that for the money. Far as a amp goes, you can get the same quality as the JL in a TMA. TMA was bought out by JL.

dangerous_dave
01-15-2010, 04:26 PM
You can get a powered sub that you can wire into the rear speakers to get its signal from. Bass tubes have been around for a long time.

suju82
01-15-2010, 04:45 PM
You dont have to change your OEM radio to put a sub in. My radio is stock and I have two 12s

x2
I have stock concert II and i'm running a 10inch with amp for some base and the signal is runing from my rear speaker and i have the usual + from battery and ground the trunk floor. The previous owner had it that way so i just had to hook it up to my sub but i can take pics and email them you in you want. I don't know how to post pics. Wish i know as i've been wanting to post pics of my car for a while now.[o_o]

Seerlah
01-15-2010, 04:52 PM
I have 2 10" MTX subwoofers in a bandpass box in my trunk, wired to the stock deck. You don't need to change the deck to add subwoofers. The samne principle would apply if you wa to change the rear deck speakers, which would really be a better route. Wish I just changed the rear speakers instead of adding a box. The rear speakers are 6.5" and you would need to have an amplifier power them.

fbdohc
01-15-2010, 05:43 PM
to those who simply wired the subwoofer from the rear speaker, you didnt use an adapter to cut off the treble so you only keep the bass ? I'm asking this because only one member mentioned about it ...

Sorry to ask all those noob questions as i can remember, from the radio i was running 2 rca cable ( left and right ) to the amp, one accessory cable to the amp, a 12v to the amp and , + - to the woofer ... so thats why i cant figure out without an aftermarket radio ..
Thanks for the help though

rubberband
01-15-2010, 05:44 PM
u can do it! get a high to low rca converter, tap the signal off the rear speakers or get an amp that has high level inputs and tap signals off the rears...you can steal switched power from the cd changer plug too

almost all amps these days have a built in x-over to filter out the highs....

fbdohc
01-15-2010, 05:50 PM
i dont have a cd changer ...
So i'll have to run the 12v all the way from the front ..

rubberband
01-15-2010, 06:01 PM
you do need to run 12v from the batt to power the amp but there should be a plug in the changer compartment you can use for switched. you need to tap into the white wire of this plug ....this switched or accy wire only turns on the amp when the radio turns on.

dangerous_dave
01-15-2010, 07:22 PM
almost all amps these days have a built in x-over to filter out the highs....

This is true. OP, stop talking to us and go to a car audio store. lol.

audx
01-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Just bought a 15" kicker sub and amp and enclosure today :) im excited....

viceprp
01-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Just bought a 15" kicker sub and amp and enclosure today :) im excited....

Damn, might want to get a 12" to get more range as well. Buddy of mine has (2) 12's and a 15 powered by (2) 2400w amps. Overkill is all i got to say.

audx
01-15-2010, 09:24 PM
^ well see how it sounds.

But yea that does sounds like overkill

biketsai
01-16-2010, 06:50 PM
There is an even easier way if you havent already. You can access the "secret" settings in the stock radio through pressing some buttons and increase the sound. It makes a drastic difference.

audiluxary
01-16-2010, 07:11 PM
There is an even easier way if you havent already. You can access the "secret" settings in the stock radio through pressing some buttons and increase the sound. It makes a drastic difference.

Are you talking about pushing number 5 on the radio when turning it on and adjusting the settings on the stock radio?

T0mat3
01-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Yea but that only works on the double din radios, didnt work on my delta or concert.

audx
01-16-2010, 08:33 PM
yea doesnt work on concert. already tried :(

Seerlah
01-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Specs on amp and speaker? I am about to purchase a new amplifier for my subs. Having the amp constantly overheat due to the lack of a cooling fan is not cool[cool].

fbdohc
01-17-2010, 03:06 PM
already did it, that did change the sound a bit ... But i'm looking for an extra bass...
I will go in a audio shop so i can see what are the possibilities