PDA

View Full Version : brake issues and opinion needed

rrei
01-15-2010, 10:42 AM
So the other day i was driving and my brake pedal became stiff, the passenger side from wheel was smoking .. im guessing the caliper was locked because of the stiff pedal.. this was the only side smoking also ... now my abs module is connected and is bad. the abs sensor on that side is also bad... after an 1 hour doc appointment i went back to the car and it was fine .. the problem reoccurs after about 25 minutes of driving.. thankfully that is more than enough time for my daily commute ...

so what do you guys think abs module disconnect which i will do anyway or is this what happens when a caliper is seized,, i would assume a seized caliper would stay that way permanently thanks [wrench]

hiwords1
01-15-2010, 10:47 AM
if a caliper is seized, it stays locked together. just pull the fuse for the abs and see what happens. you'll get 3 beeps with abs light and flashing brake light though

windsorblue
01-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Could be a booster issue, check that the vaccum lines free from leaks and check valves are operating correctly.

rrei
01-15-2010, 05:51 PM
thanks for pointing me in the right direction

rrei
01-19-2010, 03:09 PM
turns out it was the caliper that seized up,, when it got warm , im guessing it expanded and slowed the wheel down even more, so that would explain why it happened after my commute.

Thanks for the other options, i still learned alot researching those angles

Fredericar
01-19-2010, 07:53 PM
I think I'm having the same issue. Did you fix it or replaced it with used/new unit?
Thanks

rrei
01-19-2010, 08:09 PM
replaced it