PDA

View Full Version : Improving Windshield Washer Spray...

witwer4444
01-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Hey guys

Since we're deep into winter here in Michigan something has started to really piss me off.

The sprayers get every part of the windshield but right in front of your line of sight. The fluid cant make its way down there for the wiper to clean off the dirt and its really annoying.

So, have any of you modded your sprayers? Or are they adjustable at all?

I have researched and have found a sweet DIY for B7's, but idk about the B5 washer system.

TIA

bez101
01-10-2010, 01:04 PM
get a pin and adjust them

B5A4Kevin
01-10-2010, 02:06 PM
^^x2. they can be adjusted very easily. a thin paper clip works good but a curved needle or pick is the best tool for this imo. the master tech at my shop actually uses a stiff piano wire, which is really nice because its skinny enough to where you can clean out the jets very well (go all the way in)

walky_talky20
01-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Yep, adjustable as described above.

Also, something you may be interested in - Washer Jets from a B5/B5.5 Passat will fit our cars. The upgrade factor is that the Passat jets are a "fan" shaped jet, instead of our dual "stream" jets. There is a thread on here that includes the part number too.

EDIT: Here is the thread:
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329234

jpcallmotor
01-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Bah, I need a new washer tank, mine is busted. No windshield washer for me in Chicago. I have a ghetto spray bottle of de-icer that I manually spray on.

Insomniac
01-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Yep, adjustable as described above.

Also, something you may be interested in - Washer Jets from a B5/B5.5 Passat will fit our cars. The upgrade factor is that the Passat jets are a "fan" shaped jet, instead of our dual "stream" jets. There is a thread on here that includes the part number too.

EDIT: Here is the thread:
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329234

If you read through that thread you come to find that the Passat ones don't fit right, and the heater connections are different.[down]

walky_talky20
01-10-2010, 05:06 PM
If you read through that thread you come to find that the Passat ones don't fit right, and the heater connections are different.[down]

Sorry about that, and thanks for the correction Insomniac. I guess I didn't keep up with the latest updates on that thread. So I suppose adjustment it is.

ThatA4T
01-10-2010, 05:15 PM
we never did get a complete update from onemoremile... he bought them and was going to attempt it and get back to us but never found out for sure

Insomniac
01-11-2010, 12:26 AM
I really wish we could change the pattern. My Pilot has a phenomenal pattern that covers almost the entire wiper coverage area.