PDA

View Full Version : Sport steering wheel issue

lowandslow4now
01-08-2010, 09:09 AM
I just recently installed my sport wheel and now when I use my turn signals they don't return to there home position. I have to do it manually. The install went pretty smooth and it is a straight forward swap but is there something I am overlooking. Any help is appreciated. I searched and couldn't find anything relative to the issue.

lotusgardener
01-08-2010, 10:01 AM
You must have knocked one up or down when you installed it. They have to be in the stationary position when you put the steering wheel on.

lowandslow4now
01-08-2010, 10:23 AM
I had to have the turn signal up so I could install and tighten the bolt behind. So I will have to pull it again and reinstall with lever in central position?

Jc61990
01-08-2010, 11:05 AM
when u installed the wheel was the clock spring centered? theres usually a spot that will tell you when its centered.

http://jc-mallozzi.com/swap/IMG_0438.JPG

in this pic when i installed a new clockspring its the yellow part in the lower left

lowandslow4now
01-08-2010, 11:09 AM
I didn't even check the new wheel had everything on it I pulled the old one off disconected the 2 plugs and reinstalled the new one and reconected 2 plugs.

Jc61990
01-08-2010, 12:09 PM
the clock spring isnt on the wheel.

i swapped my tip wheel for an S4 wheel a while back, yeah its direct fit, pull old one off and new one on. but u also need to make sure that the old wheel was centered at dead zero before u put the new one on , or it will look like u badly need an alignment

lowandslow4now
01-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Yeah I did that it is nice and straight. I am going to pull the wheel again and see if there is anything I overlooked.

lowandslow4now
01-09-2010, 10:48 AM
UPDATE: I removed the steering wheel and it turns out the clock spring that came with the new steering had the tab that returns the blinkers broken off.( I think it broke during shipping). So I took the one off of my old 4 bar steering wheel and used that one. The part numbers are the same for future reference. Its all reinstalled now and works fine. Thanks to those that helped and I hope this could be a good trouble shooting guide for anyone that may have similar issues in the future.

Jc61990
01-09-2010, 08:27 PM
[up] good to know