PDA

View Full Version : Can get T28 software separatelly anywhere?

Rieger_RS4
01-16-2005, 09:45 PM
I can piece together a gt28r kit with the mani, turbo, injectors, all the lines for like a lil over 1k......and was wondering where I could get the software and how much

bitterchild
01-16-2005, 10:46 PM
which injectors?

Rieger_RS4
01-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by bitterchild
which injectors?

440cc injectors
GT28R turbo
Stailess Exhaust mani
all the linesand hardware

gonna end up costing about 1150

apparently a frind has some connections

and I'll just need the software

Burntaudi
01-17-2005, 05:48 AM
That's the problem is the software. I know PES has sold their chip alone and that would be a good start for what your looking at....but it's not gonna be ideal since the turbo your looking at and PES's T28 are not quite the same. Since your ndbw the only real option you have right now is either standalone or custom tunning to the tune of $2000+ I also have heard that Upsolute maybe working on something.

F16HTON
01-17-2005, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Rieger_RS4
I can piece together a gt28r kit with the mani, turbo, injectors, all the lines for like a lil over 1k......and was wondering where I could get the software and how much

Try Jeff Moss at torque factory.

EVIL-AUDI
01-17-2005, 09:11 AM
That'll go great on your TIP.

asiansonthemoon
01-17-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by EVIL-AUDI

since you're saving so much money on the kit, go to level 10 and have them rebuild your tranny.

quattro_maniac
01-17-2005, 09:56 AM
since (according to your sig) you already have dahlback tuning...why not call them up and ask them to write you somthing

Rieger_RS4
01-17-2005, 10:06 AM

actually it will be just fine, I'll just need to get a tipchip

read this:

http://www.eurotuner.com/projectbuild/83598/index.html

EVIL-AUDI
01-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Ok, sure.[rolleyes]

Rieger_RS4
01-17-2005, 10:09 AM
Ok, sure.[rolleyes]

read the damn article, cause i just posted it and i know you couldnt have read it yet.

EVIL-AUDI
01-17-2005, 10:10 AM
You really think the tip chip is enough for gt28R kit. Not just the T28. Don't tell me what I read and didn't read. You're not exactly in good standing here.

Rieger_RS4
01-17-2005, 10:13 AM
You really think the tip chip is enough for gt28R kit. Not just the T28. Don't tell me what I read and didn't read. You're not exactly in good standing here.

As you stated many times before, what one does with his car is his own business, so get off my back. I didn't exactly ask for your sarcastic opinion, I just asked where I can get the software. End of discussion! Now back on the topic.

EVIL-AUDI
01-17-2005, 10:16 AM
Remember, I can say as I please. That car in the article was a FWD Tip passat with just a T28 kit. Not the same at all. Obviously GIAC can do the programming for it.

Rieger_RS4
01-17-2005, 10:21 AM
I have a FWD too, and worse case scenario, I'll just get a T28 turbo instead of GT28R......BTW That FWD Tip passat put down 310-315hp at the crank if you read the article.

BoostinA4
01-17-2005, 10:23 AM
hahaha

EVIL-AUDI
01-17-2005, 10:26 AM
That's a different story than what was first posted. Being that I have been in a car with a real PES gt28r kit I know the power it puts out. Totally different beast than a T28.

FITZ TITS
01-17-2005, 10:38 AM
hey man i just want to share my experience with you. i called PES last year and talked to one of the reps about the t28 kit on a tip. he said the trans slipped quite often. just a heads up to you. also there is a guy on here (cable, i believe his name is) who had a t28 on his tip. you might want to talk to him.

Rieger_RS4
01-17-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by rcfitz86
hey man i just want to share my experience with you. i called PES last year and talked to one of the reps about the t28 kit on a tip. he said the trans slipped quite often. just a heads up to you. also there is a guy on here (cable, i believe his name is) who had a t28 on his tip. you might want to talk to him.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Rieger_RS4
01-17-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by rcfitz86

Also, are you talkingh about quattro or fwd? Cause it's a different story with fwd as excess power may translate to wheel spinnage unlike with a quattro. Not as much stress on the tranny

EVIL-AUDI
01-17-2005, 12:50 PM
I know that cable had a Quattro car.

4ingDrive
01-17-2005, 12:51 PM
The power isn't the smoothest on my K04'd tip, I can't imagine it'd be that great with a big turbo. Just wouldn't seem that driveable to me.

MKGIY
01-17-2005, 03:45 PM
PES has the programing they used for my car for sale. It is for a GT28RS turbo, but there are other things that PES has there software tunned for. You can get those parts from them. That big of a turbo on a TIP is going to kill your tranny, i dont care if you are FWD or AWD. Think about it instead of being blinded by all that power.

Mike

AB18
01-17-2005, 03:58 PM
I dont think i would run that big turbo on a tip tranny, sure it may work for while but i cant imagine it lasting that long.

mike-2ptzero
01-17-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Burntaudi
That's the problem is the software. I know PES has sold their chip alone and that would be a good start for what your looking at....but it's not gonna be ideal since the turbo your looking at and PES's T28 are not quite the same. Since your ndbw the only real option you have right now is either standalone or custom tunning to the tune of $2000+ I also have heard that Upsolute maybe working on something.

The T28 and GT28r are not much different from each other, only real difference is that the GT28r is ball bearing. Both pretty much use the same housing and wheels and will have the same power output. Now the GT28rs has a much larger compressor housing and inlet tube and a bit more power.

The PES T28 software should be fine since others have used it even on T3/T4's.

Rieger_RS4
01-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by mike-2ptzero
The T28 and GT28r are not much different from each other, only real difference is that the GT28r is ball bearing. Both pretty much use the same housing and wheels and will have the same power output. Now the GT28rs has a much larger compressor housing and inlet tube and a bit more power.

The PES T28 software should be fine since others have used it even on T3/T4's.

Thats exactly what I thought.

Both the T28 and GT28R have a pwer handling of about 300hp and the GT28RS ups that to 350hp.

I may just give it a try since it's going to cost me the same as a k04 kit. Is there any way to detune it a bit with a MBC?

loxx0050
01-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Thats exactly what I thought.

Both the T28 and GT28R have a pwer handling of about 300hp and the GT28RS ups that to 350hp.

I may just give it a try since it's going to cost me the same as a k04 kit. Is there any way to detune it a bit with a MBC?

How about you get that hardware and I'll trade you for it with a K04 kit including AWE/GIAC software (nDBW) and some cash. I can always recode the ECU for a Tip tranny.

Rieger_RS4
01-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by loxx0050
How about you get that hardware and I'll trade you for it with a K04 kit including AWE/GIAC software (nDBW) and some cash. I can always recode the ECU for a Tip tranny.

If i do decide t go with a K04 I already have the software. I'll just have to send my ECU to Dahlback for a reflash, so I'd really only need the turbo and injectors.

loxx0050
01-18-2005, 03:05 PM
If i do decide t go with a K04 I already have the software. I'll just have to send my ECU to Dahlback for a reflash, so I'd really only need the turbo and injectors.

it was worth a shot. but if you can get that kind of deal, could you hook a fellow AZer out? I was planning on eventually getting a GT28RS kit and having it customed tuned. Couple other upgrades I was going to do first, but I tend to mod when I can get a great deal on something.

HotSauce
01-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Rieger, I read through the article, and it does make sense, although I would still be a bit weary. The tip-chip, from what I grasped, was used so that they weren't over-revving the car, not to control the power.

Knowing this, it did work, and they didn't claim to have any mechanical difficulties...Engines and transmission I assume are virtually the same. I'd still be hesitant, and if it were me, I'd go K04.

I bet the T28 would work, but that's a HUGE risk, that I can't pay for if/when something goes wrong. Your financial situation may be different. If you have patience, and a bit of a money buffer, I'd say go for it. Worst comes to worst, you have to find a tranny, most likely out of a salvage yard, and then from there, you decided whether to downgrade turbos, or build the tranny up.

I personally wouldn't do it, but then again, I'm broke.

Rieger_RS4
01-18-2005, 04:21 PM
I'm now looking into a level 10 tranny upgrade. Will I just need their race Torque Converster?.......or the whole deal?

bitterchild
01-18-2005, 06:18 PM
I suppose you could cheap out with just a torque converter upgrade but it would still be best to call them and ask. Should be just an internal rebuild and new stall speed in that case.

Or try Performance Automatic in Gaithersburg, MD. I did some work with the owner and they have a very solid local reputation. I'm baised but they have a faster turnaround than level 10.

mike-2ptzero
01-18-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by bitterchild
I suppose you could cheap out with just a torque converter upgrade but it would still be best to call them and ask. Should be just an internal rebuild and new stall speed in that case.

Or try Performance Automatic in Gaithersburg, MD. I did some work with the owner and they have a very solid local reputation. I'm baised but they have a faster turnaround than level 10.

Dont want to change the stall speed because it will cause the car to have even more lag in 1st gear which is going to be plenty enough with a T28 or larger turbo.

On a tip its best to go with a K04 unless the engine is built up to a 2.0 liter to give a quicker spool up with the T28 or larger turbo. THere is someone running the 2 liter with the PES T28 kit and is still running a stock TIP quattro trans IIRC.