PDA

View Full Version : vac line popped off

1Reidiculus-A4
01-14-2005, 10:41 PM
so i'm driving along and i'm doing a little spirited driving and all the sudden my car shudders and i hear this loud "HISSSSSSSSSSSS" like my car has a blowoff valve. then my car starts to slow down and it's jerking back and forth. So i pull over and then try and start my car again, car starts car jerks again, and then my steering wheel locks out and the engine stalls. So i tried to get a tow but they couldn't until tommorow. Once I get it back to my house i'm gonna check my DV. I'm pretty sure thats what it is because when i installed my DV i didn't want to overtighten the boost line, i guess i didn't tighten it enough. Is this what would happen if a boost line popped off?

4ingDrive
01-14-2005, 11:39 PM
Sounds like your maf is freaking out due to a leak in an intake line somewhere.

sighpost
01-15-2005, 08:34 AM
ya a vacum line wont cause that kind of fluctuation, but a the maf will. A vacum line can cause a CEL though

1Reidiculus-A4
01-15-2005, 10:30 AM
well it wasn't a vac line, but it was my DV, not sure what to call the hose, but it one of the fat black ones popped off, so i put it back on, took it for a drive and everything seems to check out. I still have a CEl though. Any ideas?

Update: CEL is off, all is well