PDA

View Full Version : Alarm going crazy

hed
01-13-2005, 07:04 AM
I have an 01 1.8tQM. The alarm went crazy last night and the car was towed while I was sleeping for noise pollution. I don't think it is the internal sensor since all windows and doors are closed.

I just want to know if there is a way to disable the alarm while keeping the doors locked. I need to make sure it doesnt go off again until I can have it looked at.

Thanks for the help in advance.

WatchMeFlyBy
01-13-2005, 07:10 AM
dude my old 97 a6 used to do that all the time... turns out it was my cat jumpin on the car all the time

Audi_Sniper
01-13-2005, 08:19 AM
I just went through this with my 01. Woke up at 6am to the thing going off in my driveway. Turned it off and 10sec later going off again. So I just turned the thing off and kept it unlocked. Got to work that day and the people behind my work kept calling and saying my alarm kept going off.
So after a little VAG action we found out it was the hood sensor that was shot. $35 bfor the part and it's been fine since..

hed
01-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Does anyone know how to unhook the horn so that the car won't get towed again for noise pollution?
It will be a little while before I can get it looked at.

AudiMat
01-13-2005, 11:03 AM
I think that there is a fuse that you can pull for the alarm, but it might deactivate your central locking system too. You would have to lock all doors individually. Open the fuse pannel and read what the fuses are in there. If there are any for the alarm, try pulling it and then pressing your panic button to see if it turned off the alarm. JUST MAKE SURE that you dont pull any fuses that have anything to do with your airbag system. Make sure that you read what the fuse is to before you pull it.

quattro_maniac
01-13-2005, 11:18 AM
this happened to me one night also...when i got into the car in the moning, i found out that one of the interior dome lights was on...i think it was trying to warn me and to go turn it off...

DDQ
01-13-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by hed
Does anyone know how to unhook the horn so that the car won't get towed again for noise pollution?
It will be a little while before I can get it looked at.

I think you'd have to take off the bumper. Here: http://www.audiworld.com/tech/eng35.shtml

Scroll down to the part about removing the Lock Carrier - it's step #1.

hed
01-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Unhooking the battery should also disable it , right?
It seems to be easier than unhooking the horn.

marked001
01-13-2005, 12:59 PM
disconnecting the battery is easier than disconnecting the horn?? haha.. that's funny.. then you'd have to reconnect it every morning..and have no radio, etc... hmmm...

EVIL-AUDI
01-13-2005, 01:06 PM
Last time I checked there was a fuse for the horn.

Zodiak
01-13-2005, 01:25 PM
it would be easier to just manually lock all the doors.

DDQ
01-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Zodiak
it would be easier to just manually lock all the doors.

You can't do that in my car. It unlocks again when you shut the door. And if you try to lock the car with key in the lock from outside, it still arms the alarm.

headpuncher33
01-19-2005, 01:06 PM
I had the same problem with my 01. It went away on its own and I have not had a problem for a while, but I am still having the dealership look at it (still under warranty). I will let you know what they say is wrong with it once it's fixed. The service guy on the phone said that it could be 1 of 15 different things.