PDA

View Full Version : I MAJORLY F'ED UP my paint, HELP HELP HELP

PDRaudi
01-13-2005, 12:16 AM
Ok,

I DID SOMETHING VERY VERY VERY STUPID
I went to the dealer, got some paint, Nogaro Blue with Pearl effect and well, it doesnt match my paint at all. Where can I find the paint number on my car? It's the dark blue, looks black at some angles. I desperately need help, after work I am going straight to the dealer to buy a dif. canister of touch up paint, anyways, all information and opinions are welcome, thank you

dominic

Transverse
01-13-2005, 12:25 AM
If you go to audi.com and register your ride you can check out the "my audi" section and it will tell you specifically what color your car is. You should really give the dealer your VIN number and they will give you the right paint.

-T

Crisqo
01-13-2005, 04:35 AM
You can try local body shops or body shop supply stores that make spray bombs....
they should be able to mix up a small can for u, cheaper than the dealer...

yellowaudi24psi
01-13-2005, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Transverse
If you go to audi.com and register your ride you can check out the "my audi" section and it will tell you specifically what color your car is. You should really give the dealer your VIN number and they will give you the right paint.

-T

^^^^^ that is the shurest way to get the correct color for your car

DDQ
01-13-2005, 05:34 AM
www.paintscratch.com

joeya103
01-13-2005, 05:58 AM
What made you assume Nogaro Blue, just curious?

A lot of paint shops also can tell you the name of the color if you just give them the paint/color code (you can usually find it on a little piece of paper in the spare tire place)

offroader1006
01-13-2005, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Transverse

-T

I cant find where it says my color?

Starting
01-13-2005, 08:23 AM
color code is on a sticker in your trunk in the wheel well. should be a 4 letter/number combination.

EVIL-AUDI
01-13-2005, 08:36 AM
I assumed everyone knew that Nogaro was an S4 color and not for the A4.

LEDFoot
01-13-2005, 08:49 AM
Your car is most likely the Santorin blue. Nogaro is the bright, bright blue that was painted on S4s only.

Depending on what you are going to paint you'll have to consider too that the paint on your car is a few years old and brand new paint may not be an exact match even if it's the exact same paint yout car was painted with originally. ay be better to go to a body shop and have them match the paint on your car for you.

Burntaudi
01-13-2005, 08:49 AM
You can take some lacquer thinner on a rag and wipe the old touch up off...it wont hurt your factory paint. LY5T Pelican blue should be your paint code but I would double check.

Edit: I don't know what I was thinking Pelican blue is a light blue...best bet is to look at the tag in the trunk.

Ben@SpeedBarn
01-13-2005, 08:57 AM
Yeah you definately need to use the paintcode. But if it almost looks black at some angles it is either Europa Blue(96-97) or Santorin Blue(98+)

PDRaudi
01-13-2005, 09:15 AM
i dno why i assumed! it was a rainy night when i went by and parking was a mess. if it wasnt rainy, i probably would have had a slaesperson tell me what color it is. BEN, its the same color as your A4, whatevert that may be

EVIL-AUDI
01-13-2005, 09:30 AM
Santorin.

mook
01-13-2005, 09:41 AM
the paint code should be noted in the door frame on the tag.

Jooce
01-13-2005, 10:31 AM
...and here I thought he actually did something bad to his paint.... like having a chick give you a hummer and then having that same chick spit your load out the window on the freeway, not telling you it went all over the car.... and then letting it sit & bake in the Arizona sun for about 2 days till I saw it...

....now thats ****ing up ur paint

Pureaudi
01-13-2005, 10:48 AM
ew...

ianlionzion
01-13-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by new car?
color code is on a sticker in your trunk in the wheel well. should be a 4 letter/number combination.

PAINT CODES

LY3H LASER RED
LY1C IMOLA YELLOW
LZ7W AVIATOR GRAY PEARL EFFECT
LZ8N ANDORA RED PEARL EFFECT
LZ9V RAVEN BLACK PEARL EFFECT
LY1T MELANGE METALLIC
LY7Q ATLAS GREY/DARK GREY
LY3C AMULET RED
LZ5S NEMO BLUE PEARL EFFECT
LX6V JASPIS GREEN
LZ9W EBONY PEARL EFFECT
LZ3S INDIA RED PEARL EFFECT
LZ5K SANTORIN BLUE PEARL EFFECT
LZ5W DENIM BLUE PEARL EFFECT
LZ3L HIBISCUS RED PEARL EFFECT
LY6J HIGHLAND GREEN/DARK GREEN
LZ6W DESERT GREEN PEARL EFFECT
LZ6H RACING GREEN PEARL EFFECT
LZ7X NIMBUS GRAY PEARL EFFECT
LY9B BRILLIANT BLACK WITH CLEARCOAT
LZ4V AMETHYST GREY
LY7T CRYSTAL SILVER
LOA9 PEARLESCENT WHITE
LOB9 PEARL WHITE PEARLESCENT
LZ6L CACTUS GREEN PEARL EFFECT
LY1B BRILLIANT YELLOW
LY3D TORNADO RED
LZ8P SABLE BROWN
LY3Y CERISE
LY7M ALUMINUM SILVER
LZ6U EMERALD MICA
LZ5M NOGARO BLUE PEARL EFFECT
L90E ALPINE WHITE
LZ5L MING BLUE PEARL EFFECT
LY1Z BAMBOO
LY3Z AUTUMN RED
LY9G CASABLANCA WHITE
LZ9U VOLCANO BLACK MICA
LZ3N RUBIN RED MICA
LZ5T EUROPA BLUE MICA
LY5T PELICAN BLUE METALLIC
LZ5S NEMO BLUE/DARK GRAY
LY6P RAGUSA GREEN
LY6L TROPIC GREEN
LY4T BYZANTINE
LY7P TITANIUM GREY
LY6M AQUA GREEN
LZ1T CASHMERE GRAY PEARL EFFECT
LY7W LIGHT SILVER METALLIC

fanuvbrak
01-13-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Jooce
...and here I thought he actually did something bad to his paint.... like having a chick give you a hummer and then having that same chick spit your load out the window on the freeway, not telling you it went all over the car.... and then letting it sit & bake in the Arizona sun for about 2 days till I saw it...

that was a lot of information. i'm thinking maybe too much.

Jooce
01-13-2005, 02:46 PM
...she was only 12

nizmosx
01-13-2005, 02:51 PM
what im thinking is why you didnt test the color before going buckwild on your car, i always test it on something first. thats fyi for next time you get crazy with the paints. but i would try laquer before repainting again

PDRaudi
01-14-2005, 12:00 AM
o dont get me wrong, i did test!
my first impression was "hey, I've seen this on those S4's, ahh ****!" I mean it guys, today I took my car to Santa Monica Audi and I asked the service guy what color it is. He stares at me and says Blue. . . No shit, but what kind, he says I dno . . . . I'm just gonna use those codes and try to find it out in the morning when I go and hunt down the paint. anyone heard of pelican blue . . . . .

Starting
01-14-2005, 08:44 AM
pelican is a light teal sorta blue

ianlionzion
01-14-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by PDRaudi
o dont get me wrong, i did test!
my first impression was "hey, I've seen this on those S4's, ahh ****!" I mean it guys, today I took my car to Santa Monica Audi and I asked the service guy what color it is. He stares at me and says Blue. . . No shit, but what kind, he says I dno . . . . I'm just gonna use those codes and try to find it out in the morning when I go and hunt down the paint. anyone heard of pelican blue . . . . .

why don't you post a pic of your car?? we could easily figure it out.

Daft
01-14-2005, 10:31 AM
Since his car is a 2000, these are the only two colors it could be:

LY5T PELICAN BLUE METALLIC

PDRaudi, did you find the code in the trunk yet?

audidood
01-14-2005, 10:33 AM
the paint code should be in your spare tire well.

brettuzzi
01-14-2005, 11:55 AM
Available paint colors on a 2000 A4

Jaspis Green
Ebony Black Mica
Melange Metallic
Sable Brown Mica
Casablanca White
Santorin Blue Mica
Laser Red
Hibiscus Red Mica
Aluminum Silver Metallic
Cactus Green Mica
Brilliant Black
Pelican Blue Metallic
Brilliant Yellow
India Red
Pearl White

imola_Jon
01-14-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Jooce

that's why swallowing is mandatory in my car.[:)]

SoleMate
01-14-2005, 12:22 PM
Oh damn, nogaro is def not right!

PDRaudi
01-14-2005, 12:45 PM

found it, off to PACIFIC AUDI, thanx a hell of a lot guys, all the help was greatly aprreciated. Until next problem, adios