PDA

View Full Version : just got car back, with more problems

Jc61990
12-09-2009, 07:37 AM
Okay so for the past 2 weeks, my car has been at a body shop getting repaired from a hit an run...

just got it back today and as im waiting for the shop to bring my car around so i can take it home, i hear this obnoxiously loud diesel sounding car. and i see a school bus across the street thought maybe its that, but after it drove away and i hear a cammed car sound, i look at my dad and first thing i say is dont even f'n tell me i have an exhaust leak!. hes like what we walk outside and sure enough my car sounds like a f250. i look under the car and my flex is in 2 pieces

so we bolt inside. start flipping out. they send a guy outside. he goes to the back of my car pushes on the muffler and goes.. "its on there solid" so i look at him and say yeah cause its got hangars. why dont u take a look under the car and tell me why my flex is in 2 pieces. they were like OH IDK!. so then they get another guy out to say oh maybe when u hit the car it broke it. i said "woah! first of all, i didnt hit the car, 2nd the cars exhaust was perfect when i brought it in. i know cause i put it on myself." hes like idk, we only worked on the rear bumper. my dad and i were so pissed we said what ever and left.

so im gonna just replace the flex myself. and call my insurance and bitch to them im just so pissed.

and like its been from day 1 i can never with with this car, EVERY TIME i fix something, the same day something else happens.

so like i told my parents.. after christmas im going car shopping. they said thats fine.. im looking for a b5 s4. i make 40k a year so the maintenance on them isnt gonna hurt me.

but right now im looking for a flex...

anyone know where i can get one? i used to have a website but my computer is being a POS and keeps blue screening, on my laptop and dont have my favs on here.

so if someone could post up any site that sells flex sections that would be great.

a4_matt
12-09-2009, 07:46 AM
that's pretty shitty man. sorry to hear that. same thing w/ my car... like 1 month after i got it the oil pump went, i've had to replace the turbo, and sooo much other shit. lets just say my engine is pretty much brand new..... and same shit happens at the stealership i go to. my fuel gauge kept messing up saying i was empty when there was still a good 1/4 tank left; i would go fill it and the guage would only go up to 3/4 full. took it in 3 times, they said they can't find a problem and they filled it up and it went to full for them and all that bs... finally the 4th time i took in, this is within like 8 months, they decided to pull the fuel rails and replace my fuel line, clean the floater thing (i think, they did like 5 thing), and now it's been working fine since... so it eventually got fixed, but i mean, shit! anyway, yeah, sorry to hear about your car...

KNaudi
12-09-2009, 07:48 AM
you make $40k a year and think you can swing maintenance on a B5 S4? could you be out 7k at any point and be okay?

EuroDriven
12-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Sorry to hear that dude. But here you go, nice and cheap:

http://www.034motorsport.com/index.php?cPath=50_48

-John

wesleyfbm
12-09-2009, 07:54 AM
hit and runs are no fun. my car is at the bodyshop for same thing. sucks

good luck

McGovs2.7TB5
12-09-2009, 07:54 AM
So you're pissed about having to constantly fix stuff on an A4 and the best solution is to pick up an S4? I'm lost on the logic on this one.

vortexjunkie
12-09-2009, 07:57 AM
talk to a local small exhaust shop... they did my entire custom bent exhaust for 150.00 and its great... local small shops FTW

KNaudi
12-09-2009, 08:04 AM
So you're pissed about having to constantly fix stuff on an A4 and the best solution is to pick up an S4? I'm lost on the logic on this one.

2x

Jc61990
12-09-2009, 08:14 AM
well. not every car is gonna need problems getting fixed left and right, i just happened to get a car that does. ive always wanted a b5 s4. its either that or a different A4 like a b6 usp or another 1.8 b5. i love my car, just the luck i have is shitty.

i live at home so really my bills a month now are <300$ a month. i bring in about 850 a week. so i can save up what ever i need. i know a b5 s is gonna cost me double of what i probly pay now for my a4. idk i just want another audi. and i have an attraction to the b5 s4.

my parents want me to get into a 2009 or 2010 w.e cause of what i make. i dont, i told them i want awd and turbo. they told me to look. im most likely gonna buy a used car from a dealer just so i get a warranty.

and thanks for that link.

KNaudi
12-09-2009, 08:16 AM
you live at home? no offense meant here but maybe there are other things that your $40k a year should be going towards.

Jc61990
12-09-2009, 08:17 AM
im 19...

im not dead set on an s4 its just an idea. i got other cars in mind too but what ever comes my way and is perfect for me is probly what im gonna get.

Gaberossi
12-09-2009, 08:20 AM
screw body shops...it took 4 months for them to get my car back to the quality i wanted it...but they still didnt fix my ABS! bastards

Jc61990
12-09-2009, 08:21 AM
my car looks nice. like really nice. they washed it up and everything, but that exhaust thing is just annoying.

frameshift18
12-09-2009, 08:24 AM
19 and 850 a week? [up][up]

Gaberossi
12-09-2009, 08:25 AM
thats what i was thinking...nice!

flynnr
12-09-2009, 08:33 AM
bring it to ANY exhaust shop, they will have you in and out in a half hour, and it will cost you (850/40 =21) about 1 - 2 hours of pay! thats nothing to have your car back to normal... quitchya bitchin and get it fixed, throw a BT in there cause you can buy one for a week and a half's work and be more happy

marknad113
12-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Hey Mr Eversince how you been? Long time no see!
Lol sry we say this at my repair shop when people come in saying stuff like "ever since you changed my oil my windows quit working"

btw my flex pipe went too all the sudden a few months ago, cracked right in half. quick fix tho

Jman25
12-09-2009, 12:12 PM
That sucks, people always tell me bad things happen in 3s, they obviously have never owned a B5 thats for sure. When one problem gets fixed 12.5 other things decide to pop up broken. I've had my car for 7 months now and just now its running strong and fine...for now until something breaks. I would not be bringing it back to that shop for sure, but atleast its just the flex pipe and not a wheel falling off or something. ecstunning sells them or when in doubt use duct tape it fixes everything. lol

biketsai
12-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Get a S4 and an aftermarket warratny.

KNaudi
12-09-2009, 12:41 PM
nah, get a B8 with a factory warranty.