PDA

View Full Version : ah this scares me.... (short video inside) EDIT: new video added

flynnr
12-06-2009, 08:05 PM
ok so my friend was filming this video for his video production class and we used my car for a drive in, and listen to this clip... wtf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZfFmpnPSIA

i can not hear this noise from inside my car, and he said he didnt notice it when he was filming either, but it is there and definitely is coming from my car...

i know my clutch doesnt hold above about 7psi because the clutch is done for (ko4 pc-16) and clutch has studder at low rpm in too high of gear going slow, and during this movie i was in 2nd gear (should have been in 1st) and going slow up that small incline, and i remember giving it some gas right there so is that the clutch slipping?

car runs very well, and my clutch/flywheel is coming on tuesday so im hoping that is my clutch.

Coopa
12-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Definitely you're muffler bearings. [>_<]

I'm not too sure at all. It sounding like something scraping on a brake rotor?

Oceanside
12-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Your low on blinker fluid

walky_talky20
12-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Yeah, I was thinking brakes too. I know whenever I go past a flat building with my windows down I can hear a lot more brake noise. It sounds to me like metal to metal. Unless the clutch is wore down to the rivets I'd think brakes, maybe a splash guard rubbing on the inside of the rotor slightly?

You could always change the clutch and then see if its still there.

flynnr
12-06-2009, 08:48 PM
yeah, well i would think i would hear it the whole time if it were brakes... which is why i thought it was clutch, idk... more videos will be taken and posted tomorrow morning when i wake up cause i got to figure what the fk this noise is

JohnUSMC
12-06-2009, 09:13 PM
flux capacitor

biketsai
12-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Loose exhaust bolt perhaps, or heatshield rattling

Rhynolite
12-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Pad stuck to rotor?

walky_talky20
12-06-2009, 09:27 PM
I listened to it again at a higher volume, and it sounded more like an exhaust rattle. I officially change my vote to exhaust heat shield or some such. Good Luck.

flynnr
12-07-2009, 11:38 AM
well heres some more footage... now that i look at it i think i should go back to the same place and do the same thing see if it sounds like that again, or just do a drive by with the camera futrher away from the road... idk though

watch the last 30 seconds or so and see that i have an exhaust leak too it looks like... maybe the 2 pieces of metal vibrating against each other was what made the noise from the first video?? hmm

but i definitely do not hear that same grinding niose in the video i made today that i heard in video in link on top of page

i think its wierd that it sounds so shitty up close under the car, yet the pulls i made in the video the car sounds pretty decent...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASrZrzCZf9c

bw86
12-07-2009, 12:54 PM
some kind of heatshield?