PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a new transmission?

jackieb
12-04-2009, 05:13 PM
I have 2006 Audi A4 Quatro, S line. At 49,995 miles, I was accelerating and found that I lost power. After taking my foot off the gas, I was able to get some acceleration back, but then lost the power again. This went on for about 30 seconds. I eventually pulled over, stopped the car, and let it sit for a few minutes. When I restarted it, the car was fine. Brought it to the shop, and they found no error codes, told me they couldn't find any problems, and said they adjusted some throttle settings. At 59,000 miles, I brought the car back in because it felt like I was losing some power between 4th and 5th gear. Plus, my engine light came on. Minor, but it was always there. At that point, they found other issues with my cam shaft, fuel injector, some valves and gaskets. Since it was out of warranty, Audi paid for the parts, and I paid for the labor....some $1500. Now, at 64,000 miles, the car continues to "surge" and was running rough. Audi replaced the coils (recalled) and changed the transmission fluid. They told me it was 90% better, and suggested I run through this new transmission fluid 2 more times. They told me that would fix everything. So, I paid another $500 for that. Still didn't fix the problem. Audi then stated I need a new transmission. Now, when the car is cold, I feel a fair amount of slippage in 3,4 and 5th gear. After about 20 minuts, the slippage is much less noticable. Audi now wants to charge me $7300 for parts alone, plus labor for a new transmission. They offered to pay $1,500 of the cost.

Anyone have any suggestions for me? I am frustrated that I am having these problems at 64,000 miles. I love my Audi, but this is crazy, and I can't afford to keep putting so much money into it. I'm wondering if the transmission issues started under the 50,000 mile mark, while my car was under warranty. Would like to go back to Audi again and try to get them to replace it. Any help is appreciated! Thank you

fcjasontt
02-03-2010, 07:21 PM
alot of TT guys jump right to calling AOA (Audi of America). Seems they get problems taken care of very quickly by doing so(as far as warranty work is concerned). Slipping is almost always caused by worn clutchpacks which is certainly not a good sign.

If you are not too far from McHenry, IL shoot me a PM. We could get you looked at.