PDA

View Full Version : mudflaps...who has 'em?

fanuvbrak
01-11-2005, 11:06 AM
i searched on this and there are a few threads, but i want fresh opinions.

i'm sick of the spray that comes up behind my wheels. i saw some generic mudflaps that didn't look too bad, but was wondering if anyone has them, how they look, and what kind are best.

thanks!

godwine
01-11-2005, 11:14 AM
I have the genuine Audi ones on mine.. they are pretty good.. i wouldn't suggest it if you have the sport package though, since the car is already a bit lower than the standard package. The flaps aren't too happy when you go through speed bump, and the way how its installed, one of the screws actually screw on to the plasit covering of the tire well, the impacks from a speed bump actually put a crack on my tire well cover.. so..

cbass
01-11-2005, 01:01 PM
I don't know if the speedbumps are lower here or what, but I have the OEM ones too and the sport package and I have been fine. I do like not having the spray on the side of the car now too, especially with all the salt they have on the roads.

EVIL-AUDI
01-11-2005, 01:16 PM
I saw that infinity20k has them on his car. I would never get any though. They ruin the lines on the car for me.

94jedi
01-11-2005, 01:24 PM
I have the "Yosemitte Sam" ones that say "BACK OFF".

Weejie
01-11-2005, 01:25 PM
i'm with evil. just don't like the looks of them at all.

ModifiedA4
01-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by fanuvbrak
i searched on this and there are a few threads, but i want fresh opinions.

i'm sick of the spray that comes up behind my wheels. i saw some generic mudflaps that didn't look too bad, but was wondering if anyone has them, how they look, and what kind are best.

thanks!

I had the Audi ones for about 40k miles on my sport package equipped 2000 A4. They worked pretty good. One thing I'd recommend is using double sided tape between the painted bodywork and the mudflap. this protects the paint from the edge of the mud flap as it distorts at high speed. without this modification people have reported their paint being scratched under the mudflap.

jones3000
01-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by EVIL-AUDI
I saw that infinity20k has them on his car. I would never get any though. They ruin the lines on the car for me.

I sort of agree. On the other hand, they make the wheels look wider from the back.

cbass
01-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Let me clarify that, I only have the ones behind the FRONT wheels, not the ones on the back and I do agree that the rear ones ruin the lines. I don't mind the fronts as much.

Although I have been thinking of getting the ones with the naked chic laying down for the back... ahem. [:D]

buck
01-11-2005, 02:09 PM
I don't like mud guards - unless you go all out rally type!

my useless $0.02

greengravy
01-11-2005, 02:14 PM
mud flaps dont do anything for me. maybe on a pickup truck, but not on the pickup ladies mobile

fanuvbrak
01-11-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by cbass
Although I have been thinking of getting the ones with the naked chic laying down for the back... ahem. [:D]

only if she's in chrome...anything else is ricey...

derek2079
01-11-2005, 03:05 PM
i have them if you want pics pm me

SAC_Audi
01-11-2005, 04:27 PM
I found a set of 4 on ebay but haven't been able to install them yet. I did a test fit and think they look fine but then again I like the "ralley look"...

I had a set of Wolfsburg flaps Scirocco and it looked awesome!!! It also kept the snow, spray, and rocks off the side of the car. I run 18" wheels on the Audi so that means I put up a lot of spray when I drive the car in the rain and the flaps will help protect the body from flying debris.

OverSpun
01-11-2005, 04:30 PM
eh, i'd rather wash my car more often than have mudflaps... not a big fan of them at all.

94jedi
01-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by fanuvbrak
only if she's in chrome...anything else is ricey...

ahhh the lady sillouhette(sp?) mud flaps.

Absolutely timeless.