PDA

View Full Version : Weird display in my cluster

fbdohc
12-03-2009, 11:32 AM
I woke up this morning and once i turn on my engine
i had a hour display in the middle screen, and normally i got the kilometers left for the gaz left in the tank
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/jotheone/IMG_0185.jpg

What is that ? First, it doesnt match the hour on the left and even if it was the day time, it doesnt keep its memory, how do i restore back my km display ?

McGovs2.7TB5
12-03-2009, 11:41 AM
On the end of the wiper stalk there is a switch to toggle between different info items that can be displayed. That one looks like the trip timer. Theres also a button on the bottom of the same stalk to reset that to zero as well.

FliPP
12-03-2009, 11:43 AM
I've been wondering for a while about that weird clock that's always off....

As for changing it back to your km display, there are 2 buttons at the end of your right stalk (the wiper one), either one will cycle through the display up goes forward down goes back.

I think that's what you meant by going back to the km display, if not i'm sure someone else can help.

EDIT: I took too long to type the reply, ty McGovs, so it's a trip timer? I've been trying to change the time on it a couple times, now i feel stupid... :)

fbdohc
12-03-2009, 01:40 PM
hahaha
Fixed !! i'm learning everyday with that car lol

McGovs2.7TB5
12-03-2009, 02:07 PM
EDIT: I took too long to type the reply, ty McGovs, so it's a trip timer? I've been trying to change the time on it a couple times, now i feel stupid... :)

Ya when on a long trip theres an indicator that beeps every couple hours, it's a safety feature as the manual suggests that you take a break every couple hours or so.

Amorphic
12-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Ya when on a long trip theres an indicator that beeps every couple hours, it's a safety feature as the manual suggests that you take a break every couple hours or so.

yep, every 2 hours. when i first got my a4 it was a 12 hour drive home and the display started beeping and i was like wtf.

Kronic Budz
12-03-2009, 08:25 PM
yep, every 2 hours. when i first got my a4 it was a 12 hour drive home and the display started beeping and i was like wtf.

damn i wonder if that would annoy me after a while... That must be a feature that only 2001's have? my 97 doesnt have the beeping thing.

btw, when i turn off my digital lcd screen to "reset" it and i turn it back on nothing is reset. WTF can i do to reset it or is it just fucked?

also, is the dealer the only place to fix the "in 1" and "in 2" under the mileage that blinks after first starting your car.

dangerous_dave
12-04-2009, 03:02 AM
Do you have an owners manual? If you do, read it.

McGovs2.7TB5
12-04-2009, 06:10 AM
btw, when i turn off my digital lcd screen to "reset" it and i turn it back on nothing is reset. WTF can i do to reset it or is it just fucked?

Hold the button to reset the info, you can only reset one bit at a time. If you tap the button it will just turn it off.

If you don't like the questions being asked don't read/reply to the thread, but don't shit on this guys thread when he's asking honest questions.

eightrac
12-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Niether of those questions can be answered from the owners manual. Verified.

walky_talky20
12-04-2009, 04:49 PM
also, is the dealer the only place to fix the "in 1" and "in 2" under the mileage that blinks after first starting your car.

I think you are referring to the Service Interval reminders. I've got an '01 and the reminder can be reset by holding a certain button while you turn the key on and they hitting another button. I can't remember the exact procedure but it is the manual under Service Reminder or Service Display or something like that. I think the directions may be different on your car as I don't have anything that says "in 1" or "in 2". Mine spells it out "Service in *000 Miles", alert on the Info display on startup now and again. You can actually modify the mileage of the reminders in vag-com.

Kronic Budz
12-04-2009, 06:05 PM
I think you are referring to the Service Interval reminders. I've got an '01 and the reminder can be reset by holding a certain button while you turn the key on and they hitting another button. I can't remember the exact procedure but it is the manual under Service Reminder or Service Display or something like that. I think the directions may be different on your car as I don't have anything that says "in 1" or "in 2". Mine spells it out "Service in *000 Miles", alert on the Info display on startup now and again. You can actually modify the mileage of the reminders in vag-com.

yeah since mine isnt a 98 and up i think... then i cant reset it myself. Im almost positive now that i think about it lol [mad]

FliPP
12-04-2009, 06:12 PM
^ Actually you can do it if you have a Vag-Com

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audi_sri.html

Kronic Budz
12-05-2009, 03:42 AM
^ Actually you can do it if you have a Vag-Com

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audi_sri.html

says 98 and up...

FliPP
12-05-2009, 04:11 AM
says 98 and up...

Read a bit lower, there is a devider, i did it on my 97....

Pre-1998 models ... or if Channel 02 is not available:

[Select]
[17 - Instruments]
[Adaptation - 10]
Enter the correct channel from the list below in "Channel Number"
[Read]
The "Stored Value" is the current value for that channel.
Enter the "New" value of from the list below.
[Test]
[Save]

Channel 05 should be the distance until the next Oil Service.
It is in thousands of kilometers. Let's say you want the Oil
Service light to come on in 5000 miles. That would be 8000 km.
Put the value 8 into channel 05. The "standard value" used by the US
dealers would be 12 (7500 miles).

Channel 06 should be the distance until the next In-1 Service.
Same units as above. Standard value would be 24 (15,000 miles).

Channel 07 should be the time until the next In-1. In-1 lights
up based on time or distance, whichever comes first. This is in
10's of days. Standard value would be 36 for 360 days.

Channel 08 would be time until the next In-2. In-2 is based
strictly on time. Standard value is 72 for 720 days (about
two years).