PDA

View Full Version : ABS problem....I think

N8Cas
12-02-2009, 02:35 PM
I finally got my rotors and pads all working properly. I had an unbalanced front rotor - had to get it machined. But here's my problem now:

When I first start driving, as long as I keep it under highway speeds, I sometimes feel some vibration in the brake pedal (almost like air - pushing back - but not a steady pressure - very short quick bursts) that I think is the ABS system not functioning properly.

When I get on the highway at almost the exact same point driving my way to work, every time, the ABS and BRAKE light come on. After that, I don't think I ever feel the vibration in the brake pedal again (either stopping from high speeds or low speeds) until the next time I drive.

So, am I right thinking that the ABS is out of whack? Do I need to get a VAG-COM scan? Would the computer be able to reset the ABS or am I headed back under the car? specs below.. FWD not quattro

Euromike
12-02-2009, 10:24 PM
no need for a vag com, If the ABS was throwing a fault code your dash light would be on.

Did you maybe damage the sensor messing around with that rotor? Thats about all i could think could be wrong.

N8Cas
12-03-2009, 03:33 AM
Abs light goes on at the exact same time after traveling about a half mile on the highway and I didn't touch the abs when I was replacing the front rotors ....

D's Avant
12-03-2009, 05:59 AM
I'm thinking ABS/wheel speed sensor may have been damaged or may just be disconnected.

RockyMountainB5
12-03-2009, 06:17 AM
^^^
x3 on the wheel sensor - on my girls Xterra, those damn things rust out and go bad, causing the ABS light to come on.
Maybe you got some grease or somthing on the sensor?