PDA

View Full Version : yellow fogs

tmr931
12-02-2009, 07:54 AM
where can i buy the yellow adhesive overlay for my foglights? preferably looking for somewhere i can buy it off the shelf. does it affect the brightness or the beam pattern of the lights? how does it hold up, does it need to be redone periodically?

McGovs2.7TB5
12-02-2009, 08:03 AM
I just use yellow bulbs

vortexjunkie
12-02-2009, 08:05 AM
there was yellow laminex on my fogs when i got my car and stripped it off... i was thinking abotu putting it back on but we tested the lights without it on it seemed a lot brighter... plus those lights put off so much heat that eventually the laminex will become scortched and brown... my conclusion if you want yellow lights get yellow bulbs

ADNpro
12-02-2009, 08:05 AM
It is lamin-x. Not sure where you could buy it off the shelf though. I would imagine it holds up decently, but probably would need replaced over time due to rock chips and what not

I also just use yellow bulbs.

tmr931
12-02-2009, 08:13 AM
do the yellow bulbs make the fogs look yellow even when they arent on? can you get the yellow bulbs from a parts store?

russianguy.2007
12-02-2009, 08:17 AM
do the yellow bulbs make the fogs look yellow even when they arent on? can you get the yellow bulbs from a parts store?

No, the fogs look normal when theyre not on. Only yellow when you turn them on, or if ur at eye level with them, you can see there are yellow bulbs inside.
and I got mine online. But you can probably find some at a bigger auto store. or maybe like a Racing store.

ADNpro
12-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Depends on how you look at them. At certain angles they kinda look yellow but just a slight yellow. Definitely not full on yellow like lamin-x would make them look. You probably could get them at advance auto or auto zone.

h4robkr123
12-02-2009, 08:32 AM
the bulbs look a lot better than the film. i had the blue lamin x on for a bit and after a while it started to look terrible. bulbs are the way to go performance and aesthetics wise.

danphines
12-02-2009, 08:51 AM
i use both! but the bulbs make the most difference. lamin-x can be bought on ebay

werewolves182
12-02-2009, 10:09 AM
I bought an 8x8in sheet of yellow lamin-x on eBay for a few bucks. It was more than enough to cover both my fogs. I've been running my fogs like this since June and I haven't had any issues with the lamin-x browning or peeling off.

Overall I am very satisfied with it. It makes you fogs yellow when on or off, exactly whati was going for.

wesleyfbm
12-02-2009, 03:52 PM
can get the lamin-x at empiregfx.com

i have both film and yellow bulbs which i bought ebay for $16 shipped

my lamin-x is just starting to brown now...been roughly 1 year 2 months i believe