PDA

View Full Version : h&r ultra lows???

lawnferie
11-30-2009, 01:37 PM
so i can't seem to find just springs.
I have koni coils already but my springs broke and long story short, Koni wasn't helpful at all i had to get new springs. I'm on neuspeed sport right now, but its WAY too high because the springs are longer then i expected. So i need a more aggressive spring to be able to even make it worth having coilovers [wrench]

I need new springs and im down to two options:

1. neuspeed race
2. h&r ultra lows

I can't seem to find the ultra's without it being coilovers.

Anyone want to put in any input? i see the zine isn't as informative as it used to be and nowadays people only get flamed. don't bother

OH: and if i find some I will have hardly used neuspeed sports up for grabs

BlackLock_A4
11-30-2009, 02:16 PM
H&R Race!!

geeky
11-30-2009, 02:19 PM
I don't think h&r race is short enough to run on a perched system for coilovers.

I would look into finding the proper spring rates you need and contacting summit racing with the spring size you need in correlation to the spring rates. I remember when I was in the Honda scene, people would make their own coilover systems with aftermarket shocks, ebay coilover perches, and then buying the proper spring size/rates they needed off of summit racing. The total would be around $300-$500 depending on what shocks they got, but it was a proper setup.

audiluxary
11-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Heres a Vortex classifieds

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4616711

lawnferie
11-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Heres a Vortex classifieds

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4616711

thanks :) i doubt ill get them considering the interest in them already but thanks anyway for the lookout [;)]

lawnferie
11-30-2009, 03:17 PM
I don't think h&r race is short enough to run on a perched system for coilovers.

I would look into finding the proper spring rates you need and contacting summit racing with the spring size you need in correlation to the spring rates. I remember when I was in the Honda scene, people would make their own coilover systems with aftermarket shocks, ebay coilover perches, and then buying the proper spring size/rates they needed off of summit racing. The total would be around $300-$500 depending on what shocks they got, but it was a proper setup.

Koni told me i can just get pretty much any other spring. i just f*ed up on getting sport when i should have got race. [headbang]

99blueb5
11-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Koni told me i can just get pretty much any other spring. i just f*ed up on getting sport when i should have got race. [headbang]

yeah i made the sport spring mistake too, dont worry about it, just gave me a reason to get some coilovers

jsquillz22
11-30-2009, 10:31 PM
nooob u are adam

Tifun
11-30-2009, 11:33 PM
such a noober indeed haha. Why not buy new springs that came on your coilovers? Or post an add looking for blown coilovers, then you can nab the springs and dump the rest in the dumpster. That will be way more realistic than getting ultralow springs for sure. Do you remember if the rears were a double setup with a comfort coil? my h&r's have that....

jsquillz22
12-01-2009, 07:41 AM
such a noober indeed haha. Why not buy new springs that came on your coilovers? Or post an add looking for blown coilovers, then you can nab the springs and dump the rest in the dumpster. That will be way more realistic than getting ultralow springs for sure. Do you remember if the rears were a double setup with a comfort coil? my h&r's have that....
these are valid points to bring to the table[up]

lawnferie
12-01-2009, 01:41 PM
yeah i made the sport spring mistake too, dont worry about it, just gave me a reason to get some coilovers

i have coilovers lol

nooob u are adam
thanks guy who ran over a median and now has my old wheels

Koni told me i'd have to pay over $400 dollars for new springs + shipping from holland AND i'd have to wait 6weeks [eek][o_o] f that
and they dont sell JUST ultra low springs. only in coilovers. and no there is no double, i've heard of this.
i still think its cheaper to buy race springs that will be new for $200, then to have to find blown koni coils that i can dismember for its springs, and hope they're good and last. i mean if you see any blown koni's sure let me know but the zine isn't what it used to be

Tifun
12-01-2009, 01:45 PM
I had those wheels twice haha.

lawnferie
12-01-2009, 01:47 PM
yes you did :)

official LOA whore winter wheels

jsquillz22
12-01-2009, 10:04 PM
yes you did :)

official LOA whore winter wheels

im rockin them now! ish only one till i can afford tires

wesleyfbm
12-02-2009, 03:48 PM
kinda wish i had h&r ultra low coils....

T0mat3
12-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Do you need front and rear coils? cuz i could sell you rear Ksport coils that were on my coilovers. If that sounds like a plan?

lawnferie
12-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Do you need front and rear coils? cuz i could sell you rear Ksport coils that were on my coilovers. If that sounds like a plan?

wait you're selling two rear ksport coils? or just rear springs from the coils? how would that work since i have konis....my rear shocks are on the way out and i only broke a spring in the rear so if i could just get some rear koni's i could keep my front how it was since theres nothing wrong with those...

but running koni's in the front and ksports in the rear?.......never heard of that but doesn't seem too good

T0mat3
12-03-2009, 11:05 PM
wait you're selling two rear ksport coils? or just rear springs from the coils? how would that work since i have konis....my rear shocks are on the way out and i only broke a spring in the rear so if i could just get some rear koni's i could keep my front how it was since theres nothing wrong with those...

but running koni's in the front and ksports in the rear?.......never heard of that but doesn't seem too good

Well, i was only offering the springs, but i do have 2 extra Ksport rears, and 2 V-maxx's for that matter, the v maxx rears are new, but im using the springs off of them, so thats why i was offering the Ksports.

lawnferie
12-03-2009, 11:35 PM
so you sell me two rear ksport springs or 2 rear ksport actual coilovers?

you has PM