PDA

View Full Version : High Flow catalytic converter

jakeb5
11-28-2009, 10:56 PM
What's a good high flow catalytic converter? i see ones for $80 and some for $800 what is a good one?
[wrench]

Kyle H
11-28-2009, 11:07 PM
Can't go wrong with techtonics tuning or 034 motorsports.

jrock
11-28-2009, 11:16 PM
labree high flow. Please search though as this is one of if not the most talked about topic on here and there is plenty of info out there to decide for yourself.

B6JoeS4
11-28-2009, 11:56 PM
i have heard good things about the Miltek hfc's

malanca
11-29-2009, 12:02 AM
i have heard good things about the Miltek hfc's

Yep, those are OK. Milltek has a fine 200 cpi cat which will replace the OEM cat. Built with a HJS sportscat (known by its good reputation in motorsports).

The first thing you should do when upgrading your engine, throw out this restricting OEM cat.

Seerlah
11-29-2009, 12:02 AM
I run with a Labree unit. I am not sure I can justify running a Milltek HFC for $1,000. I am runing their exhaust, though. Only because I got it used for $500 shipped. I could not even justify buyuing their exhaust system for $1,200.

malanca
11-29-2009, 12:11 AM
That's always the problem with overseas products since Milltek is made in the UK.

For me in Europe it is an affordable choice to get Milltek stuff direct out of the UK and, without additional taxes.

I'm very jealous of you guys in the US, you have lot's of very interresting stuff for nice prices. But due to shipping and taxes, for me these prices will almost double up in the end.

dmaxn
11-29-2009, 12:30 AM
I have a Miltek HFC and the full exhaust. I passed the NJ emissions test on Friday, but the cat failed. Thank God they allow one failure on the testing. I guess thats the price paid for a BT setup.

speedydragon
11-29-2009, 12:32 AM
+1 for 034motorsports and their HFC. I run it, and I'm super happy with it, and their customer service is superb.

Also, I've heard nothing but good things about the Labree.

D's Avant
11-29-2009, 07:25 AM
I am very happy with my 034 HFC performance wise. Fitment was another story... The angle coming off of the cat did not match up well with the down pipe and I had to go to an exhaust shop to get the down pipe heated and adjusted to not hit anything. Could have been a bad batch with the original group buy and rushing through orders.

RockyMountainB5
11-29-2009, 09:34 AM
^^^
Thats kinda scary - thats the HFC i was going to buy. Havent heard anyone else say this. Could it be an Avant fitment issue and not a sedan issue?

I'm very jealous of you guys in the US, you have lot's of very interresting stuff for nice prices. But due to shipping and taxes, for me these prices will almost double up in the end.

And i'm jealous of your Euro-style licence plates ;)

h4robkr123
11-29-2009, 09:50 AM
^^^
Thats kinda scary - thats the HFC i was going to buy. Havent heard anyone else say this. Could it be an Avant fitment issue and not a sedan issue?

The post above the one you are questioning is an avant as well and he said he loved his, so I doubt it is a body specific problem.

D's Avant
11-29-2009, 10:00 AM
^^^

I truly think it was an early production problem due to the high demand due to the great group buy offer. They were really cranking them out. Cost me couple hours of trying to make it fit, then took it off put in the old CAT and then had to take time off of work and pay to have an exhaust shop adjust the stock down pipe after I put the 034 HFC back on. Really more of a PIA than anything. Anyone who has taken and put a CAT on our cars knows it is a real pain on a garage floor with jack stands and all.

The Avant question shouldn't have any impact on their 034 HFC fitting right the first time.

salz2135
11-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Techtonics Tuning makes a nice 400 cell count, 2.5 diameter HFC.

OP, PM sent

wesleyfbm
11-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Could always just get a test pipe with o2 sensor spacers to eliminate CEL from popping up