PDA

View Full Version : Audio Guru's needed

qttroking
11-27-2009, 05:08 PM
K, the guy I purchased my 99.5 from said he replaced the head unit with another stocker. The single din in it now says "bose" on start up and I have no sound out of front speakers at all. My question is, is this due to the car being non bose and having a bose unit in it? or is it blown fronts.

edit: I have no idea if the car is bose or non bose.

rAphb0y
11-27-2009, 05:11 PM
strong posibility that wires aren't connected properly

97a41.8t
11-27-2009, 05:11 PM
First, check the door panels to see if it says bose on it. Sometimes it doesn't say.

Next, Open the cover for the toolbox, take out the toolbox and look to see if there is an amplifier near the wheel well. If the amplifier is there, check the wiring.

Next, take out the stereo and see if the connectors are hooked up.

foveros4
11-27-2009, 06:32 PM
correct me if im wrong here anyone, but im pretty sure when there is a bose sound system in the car the speakers are amped , now the stock head unit thats non bose is not connected to the amp i think it needs a special module so it can work ...but bottom line i think you must get a regular non bose headunit so it can work with your system , this was the problem my friend had in hid dodge truck so maybe it might be the same or very similar problem

ThatA4T
11-27-2009, 06:36 PM
the non bose uses an amp as well

spyder101
11-27-2009, 07:35 PM
The radio may have to be re-coded.

somebody5788
11-27-2009, 07:53 PM
The radio may have to be re-coded.

+1

qttroking
11-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Like VAG-COM recoded?

walky_talky20
11-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Yes. Vag-com recoded.

Bose equipped cars have an external amplifier for all speakers. Non-bose cars have an external amp only for the rear speakers. The bose coded radio will work, but as you have found, only for the rears. You need to recode to non-bose to enable the deck's internal amp for the fronts.

This page has info on recoding the concert (single-din) Audi decks:
http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/concert.html

For completeness, this page has info on recoding the symphony (double-din) decks:
http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/symphony.html

jakeb5
11-28-2009, 10:29 PM
i have kicker bose and kenwood all together shouldnt be a problem for you pull out the head unit and check your connections, or check zone control on the head unit. if that all fails try eh ultimate electronics or best buy

walky_talky20
11-29-2009, 01:30 AM
edit: I have no idea if the car is bose or non bose.

If the speaker grills don't say bose, you ain't got bose.