PDA

View Full Version : Cel?!

e.van
01-09-2005, 12:28 AM
I was just driving home and my CEL came on when I depressed the clutch from 5th gear. I pulled over to see if I could figure anything out, but to no avail. Car runs perfect, no weird noises under the hood. Turns off and on with no problem.

The only thing I think it could be would be a post-cat O2 sensor (since I have high-flow cats) that's clogged or something. Could this be right? I don't have access to a check tool 'til Monday after school. I'm assuming I shouldn't be worried since it drove fine for the next 5-10 miles back home, but any ideas are appreciated.

nramsey
01-09-2005, 09:46 AM
My CEL came on the other day but the car still ran perfect. Took it to the dealer yesterday and on the way the light didn't come on (of course). But they checked the codes which indicated a bad O2 sensor. They replaced one (not sure which one) and the light hasn't come on since then.

e.van
01-09-2005, 12:50 PM
I actually just checked the codes with my HVAC earlier and it came up with stuff pertaining to my footwell heater and other a/c nonsense - still works perfectly fine.

Lapkritis
01-09-2005, 03:48 PM
The hvac codes won't flash the engine diagnostic codes stored in your ecu. You'll need to have the engine codes pulled through your on board diagnostics port.