PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Infinity speakers for bose

Spykce
11-21-2009, 06:58 AM
Searching has lead me to want to replace my blown bose speakers with some infinity ones, I am however concerned about the sound difference. I really did like how my bose ones sound, they had enough bass for me. I don't want to deal with the adding a sub thing. Anyone do this swap, opinions? I'm sick of replacing the bose speakers with used ones....

Thanks

fatbrembos
11-21-2009, 07:38 AM
i have bose and love them, but i have a friend that has infinity in his car, but he does have a sub, and i mean honestly with the sub it sounds alot better than the bose, but i dont know if it sounds that good without

Spykce
11-21-2009, 08:33 AM
I really do like the bose system but I had to replace blown ones in my '00 and now the '99 has a blown one.

somebody5788
11-21-2009, 08:41 AM
I replaced my rear deck speakers recently. 2 6.5" Polk "woofers" (out of a component set). They were 4 ohm (stock is 2) speakers though so I had to put an amp on them because of all that ohms law crap haha. If your worried about losing bass and stuff I'd invest in some good speakers and an amp for all 6 speakers. Personally I'd go with the new Polk Mobil Monitor series. 2.7 ohms and if its not loud enough on stock amps you could easily just save for a $3-400 amp to power them. BTW almost all of the bass in the car comes from the rear deck. Very little of it is from the back doors and front.

I still don't see how you guys blow these speakers up... I torcher the hell out of them and no problems unless its at full volume (they are getting more watts now because the rear channel was removed when I added the amp or at least thats my theory)

urban96
11-21-2009, 09:15 AM
I replaced my rear deck speakers recently. 2 6.5" Polk "woofers" (out of a component set). They were 4 ohm (stock is 2) speakers though so I had to put an amp on them because of all that ohms law crap haha. If your worried about losing bass and stuff I'd invest in some good speakers and an amp for all 6 speakers. Personally I'd go with the new Polk Mobil Monitor series. 2.7 ohms and if its not loud enough on stock amps you could easily just save for a $3-400 amp to power them. BTW almost all of the bass in the car comes from the rear deck. Very little of it is from the back doors and front.

I still don't see how you guys blow these speakers up... I torcher the hell out of them and no problems unless its at full volume (they are getting more watts now because the rear channel was removed when I added the amp or at least thats my theory)
stock ones seem to dry rot from the sun, or at least thats what happen to mine

gli_ryan
11-21-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm now starting to get multiple blown speakers. I always listen to metal, but when I don't and I listen to something other people like it sounds like shit. There are for sure 3 blown speakers. So this winter I plan on getting new ones.

Can you just swap different speakers in? What type of setup is everyone running?

onemoremile
11-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Skip the amp and find some efficient 2 ohm speakers. Cheap and easy.

mrk3nn3dy
11-22-2009, 07:27 AM
I like infinity I had some in my truck....they sounded good it really depends on what kind of sound your looking for.

Spykce
11-22-2009, 09:12 AM
I've had them before and liked them, I just don't want to lose the low end the bose has. Most aftermarket speakers never seem to be able to sound as deep as stock speakers. I realize they aren't suppose to, they are ment for mids and highs but I don't wanna have to put a sub in after switching to infinity's to get my bass back. May have to go mess with some at a stereo shop to get an idea. I appreciate all the replys, I really just wanna buy the new speakers and be done with it.

djwimbo
11-22-2009, 09:36 AM
Infinity speakers reproduce sound differently than Bose. If you like Bose, replace with Bose.
Otherwise, go out and listen to a bunch of different speakers, and find what you like, but can push more power than stockers.

I can't knock Infinity, I've used them a handful of times. They're "cheap" and durable. Great for my highschool and early college years.

jrodpikap
11-24-2009, 06:27 AM
Infinity Kappa (2 ohm) FTW!

Spykce
11-24-2009, 07:38 AM
order some kappa's for the doors. The one's in the deck are still good, so i'll post results once they arrive and I put them in.

cdowns13
11-24-2009, 08:20 AM
it really depends on the sound you want.. some speakers have a more "livelier" sound with crisp/loud highs, other have a more flatter sound (my preference) that has a very rounded out sound with highs when needed...

i would go to a car audio shop and listen to different brands and see what sounds good to you and then go by the speakers online b/c it will be cheaper.. you'll be happy in the long run, generally though it may be hard to find 2 ohm speakers unless you wire them in a way to work with the stock amp (thats a whole mess i dont feel like talking about right now)

good luck!