PDA

View Full Version : Stick Help?

A4orce84
11-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Hey Guys,

So I just got my A4 a few months ago, and I'm still a bit rough with the stick driving. (First stick car!)

I got all the basics down, and don't really kill it anymore, but I'm trying to smooth things out.

Everytime I shift from 1st-3rd it's a bit jerky, after that it's smooth as butter.....and I am really trying to smooth out starting out from a dead stop, but it seems like 50% it's always a bit jerky.

Any tips from my Audi brethren would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys! =)

--Asif

biketsai
11-18-2009, 09:24 PM
Is this on the new setup Asif? It might be because its just a more aggressive setup, I have the same issue. I just shift really slow or feather the clutch.

terraflata
11-18-2009, 11:51 PM
I say just practice finiding the friction point on your clutch. If you can get the car going forward without using the gas (by only letting up on the clutch), then your making progress. Although I don't know why you are shifting from 1st to 3rd. Too lazy for 2nd gear?

onemoremile
11-20-2009, 10:33 AM
You should get used to it soon and be able to drive smoothly. The only time a clutch sees any wear is when it is slipping so don't be too gentle with it. My old 94 Jetta VR6 had 269k miles on it's original clutch when I sold it. Not bad for a car that was autocrossed countless times.