PDA

View Full Version : My SPA manifold came with 8 little spacer/sleeve looking thingy's...

A4DRIVR
11-18-2009, 08:39 AM
Anyone know what the heck these things are for???

jrodmk2
11-18-2009, 09:58 AM
mine did not come with any spacers...i don't think....will check out the box it came in tonight.

A4DRIVR
11-18-2009, 10:12 AM
My manifold came in shrink wrap. The spacers were hiding in a little bag in between the layers of shrink wrap. I just happened to notice them... otherwise I might have missed them and tossed them in the trash!

mine did not come with any spacers...i don't think....will check out the box it came in tonight.

Oceanside
11-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Cant remember the stock mani uses spacers, they go on the inside or outside of the bolts to the head

lowandslow4now
11-18-2009, 11:24 AM
you put the Mani on then the spacers then the nut. It suppose to make it easy it tighten the nuts. Less thread to tighten.

A4DRIVR
11-18-2009, 11:26 AM
you put the Mani on then the spacers then the nut. It suppose to make it easy it tighten the nuts. Less thread to tighten.

Do you use the factory washers as well? Also, how come there is only 8... and we have 13 studs?

lowandslow4now
11-18-2009, 11:30 AM
I have to check but I dont think I used the washers with the spacers. I only used a few of them. I didn't use all of them I used them for the studs underneath the Mani. Its a huge pain but I got it to work.

jrodmk2
11-20-2009, 02:55 PM
they did come with mine. they are pretty thick though. i will just stick with the stock ones.

A4DRIVR
11-20-2009, 08:13 PM
I did the same... I just used the OEM washers.
http://vaqrkw.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pXOumooozTErkJJ0YMZyPjqrn4EPUGRroMF8VbNTsr0cBGEU 2-MbdF2K6aSv3XxU6GVRihopE6vrQGQ85Q0fJHFUQmzxqWmCE/IMG_0129.jpg

A4DRIVR
11-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Hey... just a good piece of advice for all running aftermarket manifolds. I went to install the studs to mount the turbo AFTER installing the manifold on the motor when I noticed a bunch of chips down in one of the tapped holes. I checked the others and each had the same issue... however, one or two of the holes are tapped thru into the manifold. When I had attempted to install the studs, it knocked a bunch of metal shavings into the bottom of the manifold!

I didn't dare use any compressed air to clean this out for fear of forcing a chip up into an exhaust port and having it enter into the combustion chamber thru and open valve.

So... I removed the manifold and recleaned it thoroughly.

Thought this might save someone else from having to install their manifold twice like I did…