PDA

View Full Version : a/c compressor clutch

dfgu
11-17-2009, 07:34 PM
So it sounds like my a/c compressor clutch is gone... Are there any places that just sell the clutch or do you have to buy the whole entire a/c compressor? If I have to buy the whole thing, which is the best place to get a reman?

lotusgardener
11-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Whole A/C Compressor. I got one 50 shipped.

dfgu
11-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Whole A/C Compressor. I got one 50 shipped.

how many miles on it? i can technically just take out the clutch and replace it right? I just dont want an old a/c compressor knowing that the clutch can fail too. I also have a 98-99, I know the 97's dont fit and neither does the 2000-2001 right?

ECS Tuning-Audi
11-18-2009, 01:12 PM
how many miles on it? i can technically just take out the clutch and replace it right? I just dont want an old a/c compressor knowing that the clutch can fail too. I also have a 98-99, I know the 97's dont fit and neither does the 2000-2001 right?

If you are worried about an old clutch wearing out, you should be worried about the compressor as a whole wearing out. A 98 is over ten years now, you should probably just get a whole compressor. If you do just a clutch on your old compressor, the actual compressor is likely to wear out next, and soon.

I know they are pricey, but do it right and do it once if you can:
AC Compressors - New and Refurb (http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B5_A4-Quattro-1.8T/Search/Compressor/?salesrep=CArmbruster&utm_source=audizine&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=CArmbruster&utm_campaign=postreply )