PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Take out stock stereo?!

A4 Dream
11-15-2009, 09:47 PM
I have a 98 2.8 a4 Sedan. My stereo is trippin. I need to get it out. There is a tape stuck inside of it from the previous owner and it looks like hell. Not to mention is makes WILD noises. haha

Anyone know of a DIY or have some pointers?[wrench]

a408
11-15-2009, 09:48 PM
you need radio keys, then its basic

Ado
11-15-2009, 10:32 PM
you need radio keys, then its basic

and some C4

EinSchnellAudi
11-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Pretty sure your going to need Vag tool T10057. You can get a set for about $18 online. Here is a link for a supplier

http://www.samstagsales.com/vwaudi2.htm#radio

Removal is pretty simple. All you have to do is slide either two or four of them in, depending on your radio, in the barely noticable slot above the top most left and right and lower most left and right bottons, and then it slides right out. After that you just unhook all the wires and your good to go. These guys ship pretty fast. Only took about 3 days from payment to front door for me. Hope this helped [:)]

Bic-Ball
11-15-2009, 10:47 PM
i got my radio out with a single metal nail file. make sure its thin, push in the hole facing away from the center of the radio. once pushed in rotate towards the center of the radio. if you stick your finger in the cassette hole you can pull back and the clip wont re lock it self. do the same thing for the other side and it'll slip right out

J Ozzie
11-16-2009, 01:24 AM
take a sledge hammer and smash that shit!!

Kidding go to your Steelership and ask them to remove it. If you get a nice guy he will.

nyca4tqm
11-16-2009, 06:16 AM
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281022&highlight=diy+radio+removal

In the first pic if you look at the radio on the left front of the radio, you can see the clips that hold the radio in, use a nail file to pull the clips in so the radio slides out. I used a very small allen key. Hope this helps.

VirginiaBeachA4
11-16-2009, 07:34 AM
the keys i had were not working, so i stuck my fingers in the cassete slot and yanked and the face came off, then got needle nose pliers and just yanked out the entire stereo. the stereo still works, it just doesnt clip in anymore, it will just slide out, but i put an aftermarket radio in it.