PDA

View Full Version : For those who upgraded there turbos..

PrequelsA4
01-06-2005, 09:18 AM
I was wondering whats the max horse power you guys are putting to the ground when upgrading your turbos. Of course its the type of turbos that make a difference. I was thinking of adding a t3/t4 turbo set up,when I get my audi of course....But I'm gonna try for at least 300whp on the audi and I know this wont come cheap...

EVIL-AUDI
01-06-2005, 09:20 AM
I guess your going to go all custom with software also cause there is no T3/T4 setup for these cars.

PrequelsA4
01-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by EVIL-AUDI
I guess your going to go all custom with software also cause there is no T3/T4 setup for these cars.

Man, Thats what I thought...

brettuzzi
01-06-2005, 09:25 AM
I like the CS text in you sig evilaudi [:D] [:D] [:D]

the most common turbo upgrade seems to be the K04, with a t28 also on the list..

what are the other notables? ARE there any? [confused]

EVIL-AUDI
01-06-2005, 09:28 AM
The other one being tried out now is the GT28rs. MKGIY had it. Not cheap and very fast.

PrequelsA4
01-06-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by brettuzzi
I like the CS text in you sig evilaudi [:D] [:D] [:D]

the most common turbo upgrade seems to be the K04, with a t28 also on the list..

what are the other notables? ARE there any? [confused]

How much does this upgrade cost.

OutkastSL
01-06-2005, 09:29 AM
plus like your other thread, if you want a larger turbo than a k04 you need a manual tranny. also, why not a atp gt28rs turbo kit...here's the link http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/release050304.htm

this car is crazy and they have other garrett gt series turbo's that are larger if that's not crazy enough.

i actually want their gt28rs turbo kit for my car...but i'm tip. if i decide to throw away that type of cash, i'll have to upgrade the tip tranny with a level ten upgrade kit. if you want info on that check it out here... www.levelten.com

EVIL-AUDI
01-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Th problem with ATP is they have garbage software.

PrequelsA4
01-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Wow, with that much HP I know that kit wont be cheap.No one on AZ hows and upgraded turbos.

PrequelsA4
01-06-2005, 09:35 AM
I mean Has,....typing to fast..

OutkastSL
01-06-2005, 09:39 AM

yeah, i heard that too. what software what mkgiy running? atp?

EVIL-AUDI
01-06-2005, 09:39 AM
I think the problem is you are asking too broad a question. Plenty of people here have upgraded the turbos on our cars. It's jus a matter of what kit, company, or price you are lookin at. It's been done many, many times.

PrequelsA4
01-06-2005, 09:44 AM
I think the problem is you are asking too broad a question. Plenty of people here have upgraded the turbos on our cars. It's jus a matter of what kit, company, or price you are lookin at. It's been done many, many times.

Have you upgraded yours evil,plus I love your sig the fire looks nice...

brettuzzi
01-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by OutkastSL
plus like your other thread, if you want a larger turbo than a k04 you need a manual tranny. also, why not a atp gt28rs turbo kit...here's the link http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/release050304.htm

this car is crazy and they have other garrett gt series turbo's that are larger if that's not crazy enough.

i actually want their gt28rs turbo kit for my car...but i'm tip. if i decide to throw away that type of cash, i'll have to upgrade the tip tranny with a level ten upgrade kit. if you want info on that check it out here... www.levelten.com

How much power is the tiptronic/auto tranny rated for? And a source/link would be nice :p thx

EuroA4
01-06-2005, 11:30 AM
Wait for AWE to release their version of the GT28RS with GIAC software...that will be a top seller I predict!

in the meantime throw in a K04 like I did :)

OutkastSL
01-06-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by brettuzzi
How much power is the tiptronic/auto tranny rated for? And a source/link would be nice :p thx

i believe it handles up to 280lb/tq but i just did a search and found this thread and blacka4 states it can handle 309 lb/tq. http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23053&highlight=tiptronic+tranny+torque+rating

blacka4 is doing research in this aspect, shoot him a pm or he'll probable shimmy in here soon.

edit:
really? when is awe predicting that kit will be released? i'm interested!!!

blacka4
01-06-2005, 12:07 PM
yeah..umm I don't think I said the tip can handle that much. 310 Nm is what I said. If you do the conversion its 260ft/lbs. that is the breaking point fron ZF. IF you have any other questions PM me and I will try and asnwer them..

EVIL-AUDI
01-06-2005, 12:16 PM
yeah, i heard that too. what software what mkgiy running? atp?

The car was custom tuned by PES. No ATP stuff to be found there.

OutkastSL
01-06-2005, 12:26 PM
blacka4...my bad, misread that. it seemed to good to be true.

evil...thanks!

Hassmeister
01-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Can't tell ya...It's a sleeper. Although I can get all fours to smoke 'em.

blacka4
01-06-2005, 12:52 PM
blacka4...my bad, misread that. it seemed to good to be true.

evil...thanks!

its cool.. Just needed correcting. Don't want anyone getting the idea that the trans can handle that much when it can't

G-low
01-06-2005, 02:16 PM

what happens with thier software? any personal experience with them? want to go gt28rs eventually but need to find the right programing first. does any other companies make software for this big a turbo?

Hassmeister
01-06-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by EuroA4
Wait for AWE to release their version of the GT28RS with GIAC software...that will be a top seller I predict!

in the meantime throw in a K04 like I did :)

^^^^what he said!

MKGIY
01-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by G-low
what happens with thier software? any personal experience with them? want to go gt28rs eventually but need to find the right programing first. does any other companies make software for this big a turbo?

You can buy the software from PES. I had seen a few cars with the ATP kit and the PES software. My car idle was much smoother then theres, but that is cause the program was made for my kit. You gotta pay to play. Is the AWE kit Gt28RS or Gt28R?

Mike