PDA

View Full Version : ABS issue, another one.

millertime
01-06-2005, 07:17 AM
Hey guys, don't post much, more of a watcher.

My gf just bought a 98.5 1.8TQM and ever since she had it, the ABS/Brake light would be on. It would be intermitant, but for hte most part be on.

I've heard horror stories of 1000 pumps from the dealership, and also heard of a rebuild. Any advice?

Got it vag'd; vag com wouldn't even recognize it until we pushed down on it, seems to be the computer at the bottom of the bump is shot perhaps?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

brettuzzi
01-06-2005, 07:40 AM
is she driving with the e-brake on? [:D]

Sorry, not too knowledgeabout about ABS in regards to problems and Audis [confused]

LEDFoot
01-06-2005, 08:42 AM
How long ago did she buy it?
If it close enough you should go to the dealer the sold you the car and ask them to fix it.
They can't sell you a car with a malfunctioning brake system, even if you were aware of the fact.

The new pump is a $950 part so it's pretty expensive. I would be very careful driving the car as it is though; having a dead abs control unit affects more than just the abs system, if you have to brake hard you will experience some strange behaviour. For example your real wheels will lock up long before your front wheels.
Get it fixed as soon as possible.

PDRaudi
01-06-2005, 09:45 AM
o god, i just farted and with this stomache flu, its pretty gross

ayways dude, 950 is nowhere near the cost of repairing a wrecked audi so dont feel stupid shelling out the cash. trust me, if i could go back, id try asnd do something about my first car. if i only had abs, maybe it still be around today as my shit car for rainy days[:(]

but yeah, is it your e-brake, dumb question but logical explanation.

dominic

LEDFoot
01-06-2005, 09:50 AM
if it was the ebrake the abs light wouldn't light up.

millertime
01-06-2005, 10:17 AM
thanks for the input guys. ill definately have it replaced ASAP! just wondering if anyone on here knows anywhere i can get a used one. or refurb.

jefferson88
01-06-2005, 10:26 AM
auto wreckers... check local phone book