PDA

View Full Version : couple of question's

robert
01-06-2005, 06:54 AM
hey guys, just a quick couple of question's. since i've had the audi i have had the power steering rack replaced. ever since then i've noticed when driving, say along the motorway(freeway) when i let go the accelerator without pressing the brake pedal, i get a sort of shuddering/knocking sound which appears to come from the middle to front of the car. i also get a very light shudder through the steering wheel but this isn't all the time. any idea's?

also does anybody feel that the their clutch pedal has a high biting point. i was told this is a self adjusting clutch. is this true?

cheers,
robert.

Audimarc
01-06-2005, 07:07 AM
Control arms

brettuzzi
01-06-2005, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by 1999 Audi A4
Control arms

There was a service action on them - if you have a problem, audi will fix it free. Take it to the dealer, or to a mechanic to ensure that control arms is indeed the correct diagnosis.

robert
01-07-2005, 10:13 AM
ok will try the dealer.

cheers,
robert.

robert
01-21-2005, 05:16 AM
hey guys, i got the knocking /shuddering fixed[:)] . turned out it was something to do with the hubs. local garage did this and the car now runs perfect. still booked in for control arm check with audi so will wait and see what they say.

jefferson88
01-21-2005, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by brettuzzi
There was a service action on them - if you have a problem, audi will fix it free. Take it to the dealer, or to a mechanic to ensure that control arms is indeed the correct diagnosis.

Audi only fixes the lower control arms if they decide they are prematurely worn.... The Uppers are usually the first to go so don't expect much out of this service action.