PDA

View Full Version : Nice, thank the stealership

Audimarc
01-05-2005, 06:52 AM
So I go in to the stealership to get a new key cut and to get the door lock repaired (it no longer worked) and after spending $200 I take it home happy as a clam. A couple of days later I go to put my drink in the cupholder and guess what? Doesn't work. After fiddling with it for a few minutes I come to realize that the cover is there but the entire mechanism has been removed. I call them to find out what the f*ck and they tell me that someone must have broken into my car and stolen it; it certainly wasn't them. Sure, there must be a gang of gremlins roaming Newport Beach stealing cup holders and cigarette lighters. I scream at the general manager and his best response is that he'll let me have a new one, installed for $100. F*CK! What a bunch of a$$holes! They steal from me and then try to overcharge for new parts! I call AOA and they say that they will file a complaint and that's all! NICE!

JMG
01-05-2005, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by 1999 Audi A4
So I go in to the stealership to get a new key cut and to get the door lock repaired (it no longer worked) and after spending $200 I take it home happy as a clam. A couple of days later I go to put my drink in the cupholder and guess what? Doesn't work. After fiddling with it for a few minutes I come to realize that the cover is there but the entire mechanism has been removed. I call them to find out what the f*ck and they tell me that someone must have broken into my car and stolen it; it certainly wasn't them. Sure, there must be a gang of gremlins roaming Newport Beach stealing cup holders and cigarette lighters. I scream at the general manager and his best response is that he'll let me have a new one, installed for $100. F*CK! What a bunch of a$$holes! They steal from me and then try to overcharge for new parts! I call AOA and they say that they will file a complaint and that's all! NICE!

why would someone take just the mechanism?

If the dealer was responsible, why would they need to access the dash to fix a door lock? Unless they did something intentionally.

MR VTEC
01-05-2005, 07:19 AM
sorry to hear that but it was a funny story... [;)]

quattroanillos5
01-05-2005, 07:41 AM
I've had a bunch of similar things happen to me at the stealership... they once left a scratch all (ice pick looking tool) under my hood after a repair. it scratched up the whole underside of my hood. The service guy says to me..."what do you want me to do? we're not going to repaint your hood." I wanted to back hand him across the face. The only solution to the stealership is find a good independant shop to do the work you need done. It's cheaper and you get your car back in a reasonable amount of time... audi could be one of the top car makers if thier service people didn't treat us like $hit

Audimarc
01-05-2005, 07:42 AM
I just spoke to a kid that works there and he said off the record that they took it to put on a used car for resale because they didn't have the part in house. Nice.

94jedi
01-05-2005, 07:51 AM
What? this is one of the worst things I've ever heard!!! Dude, I know it's only a cup holder but danm!!! Seriously get yourself a lawyer or get something like Pre-Paid Legal to handle this. This is total Bull$hit.

Burntaudi
01-05-2005, 07:54 AM
I don't blame you for being pissed but screaming at the guy on the phone more than likely backfired on you. You need to be calm and professional and if that doesn't work make a scene in the show room. If your gonna yell at the guy you need to do where he's gonna look like a ass in front of other customers.

Just my 2 cents...the whole thing blows good luck.

Audimarc
01-05-2005, 07:56 AM
I agree, it started off professionally, became a screaming match after him saying that they aren't responsible because I didn't point it out while it was still on the lot.

Burntaudi
01-05-2005, 08:17 AM
I gottcha...if it were me I would go into the dealer and try and talk to the manager of the dealership or even the owner and tell him what the kid that works there told you. I would also get the state attorney general's office and the better business bureau involved...it's only a cup holder...but these guys are crooks and need to be taught a lesson.

Fartsniffer
01-05-2005, 09:54 AM
dude I knew in high school had a '98 Supra.
He took his car to Toyota for an oil change and when he picked it up they had swapped gear knobs on him.. effin a-holes..

I should put a tiny camera inside my car the next time I take it in to see what those grease monkeys are up to..

Audimarc
01-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Just spoke to the owner and general manager. They say that I cannot prove that it was done there and therefore are refusing my claim. Nice. Called the BBB and filed a complaint and have asked a buddy of mine (LAPD) to ask to see the film from the shop cameras. It's only $100, but it's my $100.

Fartsniffer
01-05-2005, 10:56 AM
its not the $$, its the principle..[mad]

Audimarc
01-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Agreed

MR VTEC
01-05-2005, 11:01 AM
take the $100 and put and ad in the paper looking for other audi owners that has complaints with that dealership.

A4_wantanabe
01-05-2005, 11:19 AM
That is messed up, i would blow up the stealership!

greengravy
01-05-2005, 11:21 AM
yo... if you need a cig lighter and a new cupholder ill get you one... just pay me for 10 bucks which should cover shipping and you are good as gold... although it sucks they stole it. jsut trying to help out.

Fartsniffer
01-05-2005, 11:21 AM
or atleast go back when theres a long holiday weekend or something and throw some eggs over the fence at a few nice new A8's and let that yolk eat through some clear coat for a few days hahaha[:D]

Audimarc
01-05-2005, 11:23 AM
Damned cameras would catch me for sure. Can't place an ad because they'll sue me for liabel. Filed a complaint with AOA who will investigate, filed a complaint with the police who will investigate and one with BBB. We'll see what happens.

greengravy
01-05-2005, 11:30 AM
good luck man. i hope it all works out although it sounds like they are just out to screw you

Fartsniffer
01-05-2005, 11:35 AM
camera's? [rolleyes] just throw on a hat, some clothes and shoes you never wear and a hoodie.
you won't look too sketchy, just pull the hoodie on when yur about to chuck the eggs..
not speaking from experience or anything..[:p]

fanuvbrak
01-05-2005, 11:50 AM
i could have sworn you were talking about my dealership with this story. i have taken it to them 4 times. twice they had to remove the belly pan. each time they did, i had two less screws in it than i did before. each time i would complain and they would say, "how do we know it had them all when it came in?"

last time, i told the guy that all belly pan screws were in place and would he please go out and verify that this was true. he wouldn't, but he wrote down "all belly screws in place."

monday was the first time under the car since the service. i'm missing three screws.

greengravy
01-05-2005, 11:52 AM
dont do that.... get caught get raped from behind in jail... just b*tch to authorities, dont go mess their stuff up to get even...like i said, ill hook you up with the parts if you need them

Fartsniffer
01-05-2005, 12:05 PM
thats a good solution, especially if you can give the dude cheap parts.
but nothing satisfies hunger like some guerilla style street revenge..[:p]

greengravy
01-05-2005, 12:43 PM
^^^ haha i suppose revenge is the sweetest thing but the risk doesnt exactly seem to be worth it over some cheap parts ya know

Audimarc
01-05-2005, 12:53 PM
Thing is, I'm a big guy and I would just like to show them how I feel about being called a liar.....okay, just got a call from AOA, the dealership is disputing the incident, but they are going to take my side (the mechanic's testimony did it) so I am off to another dealership to get a cup holder and cigarette lighter....

clconversion
01-05-2005, 12:55 PM
why not wait to see if AoA will cover it ?

greengravy
01-05-2005, 12:59 PM
good stuff... glad to hear...what did he say that made aoa decide in your favor?

OverSpun
01-05-2005, 01:14 PM
thats bullshit. they sell bentleys at that dealership too, thats where i bought my car. assholes. speaking of which, i think the dealer stole one of my CDs that i accidently left in my cd player last time it was in.

Monchichi8
01-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Mad FU(ked UP! all about principal now!

greengravy
01-05-2005, 01:20 PM
ha... when my car when into audi i pulled my cd player out.. i have aftermarket of course but i wasnt going to have them say oh, it got stolen out on the lot or something stupid like that

Audimarc
01-05-2005, 01:40 PM
Nah, AOA is paying for it. Told them that I was going to write a note about it on the Audizine board....:) Got an appointment this afternoon to have it installed (and the cigarette lighter) for free. Yeah, screw thieves man.

derek2079
01-05-2005, 09:44 PM
if somone pulled that shit on me i would hav done exactly what you did.

its not so much 100$ its somone stealing 100$ saying they didnt steal it and then telling you that they would give your 100$ back for another 100$

Audimarc
01-06-2005, 06:33 AM
Got the pieces yesterday and got a call from the GM at the other dealership. He wanted to apologize and make sure that I had been taken care of. What a slimeball.....:)